Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put together a clutch kit for my 99 XLT Special. I am planning on using EPI springs and weights. I would like to basically make the trail performance clutch kit that they list on their website, but it does not specify which springs and weights are included. Anybody have any recommended set ups for this sled?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Why don't you just buy there kit since your gonna buy all there stuff anyways?

·
Registered
957 Posts
The reason they don't list specifically what springs and weights they use is that you have to tell them your setup...ie engine, pipes, altitude, etc. It's probably going to be cheaper to buy their entire kit than buying the items sepperatly.

Do realize that you are also goinhg to need a clutch puller, the tool to take off the Spider and the Spiders Jam Nut..... not to mention a way of holding the thing secure while you rememove them (they're tight). You'll also want to have a torque wrench when you put the Jam Nut back on, as well as the Spider cover.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If the kit just consists of weights both springs and helix you will not have to remove the spider, you won't even have to remove the clutch, just the cover. So no special tools are needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts