Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the machine out last night and ran like shit. I ma having problems getting the idling up. It will sputter and die out at about 1000 rpm. Once you are lucky enough to get it to go abouve 3 grand your fine. My sled is clutched and piped and has a chip. If i ease onto the gas it sputters at around 50 or 60mph. But if i punch it it will hit the 9200 RPM no problem and go. Is this from a bad battery. I know it runs the fuel pump and maybe that is not pumping enough fuel?? I don't know but it sucks..... I am going to charge the battery and see..

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd try the battery. Look in to adding the 14AA battery if ti will fit in to the holder. I don't think that it will fit. Also look at the electric connections that connect to the injectors. Also, check the side ofthe brain box with the key turned, kill switch on, and motor off. There should be a clear "eye" that may have a flashing red light. This will give you codes if one of your sensors are not working right. I had problems with the sensor on the air box. The wires kept on breaking, so I siliconed them.

Is this sled new for you? If so, where did it come from? The computer adjusts for a range of temp and elevation, but if you go from Illinois to Colorado, the computer will need to be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got the sled last year from duluth mn
i live in wisconsin so it shouldn't need to be reprogrammed. i had to put a new throttle position sensor in it last year because the LED was blinking with that code. It is not blinking now. I hope it is the battery. Like i said, idling is piss poor, and on the top end it seems like it needs more fuel??

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Might sound like a stupid question but have you checked the plugs? My storm acts the same way that you are describing when I have one bad plug. Just a thought.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd talk to the guy that you got it from. Mabye he had it out west, and never switched it back?

Any snow up there yet? Us flatlanders are hurting down in Illinois.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts