Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to buy a silencer for my sled ... its pretty much stock right now ... my question is am i able to by just a silencer or do i have to start messing with aything else if i do that ... jetting clutching so on ? ... also whats the best bang for the buck with these sleds???????

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
You dont need to mess with anything when you change the silencer. I would go with a SLP or MBRP can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am running an SLP pipe and can as well as some other mods on my '04-800XCsp. I had to do some jetting (up 3 sizes if I remember right) just for the can & pipe. I am thinking however of switching over to an AEEN pipe. A friend of mine put one on and I am really impressed with the size and weight as well as the sound (between and SLP and MBRP trail), and the power increase seemed to be equivilant to my switch to SLP.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well since your from WI, I would stay away from the loud ones. SLP would be your best bet.

I personally have had pretty much all of the aftermarket cans out there besides DG, and out of all of the them the Sno Stuff Rumble Pack IMO sounds the best. Had a MBRP race can on my 98, and that thing was loud and had a nice tone. You can't go wrong with the MBRP's though.

But, in your situation, SLP would be the only one that MIGHT get you by the WI DNR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts