Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1998 Formula Z 583 and I am having a problem with ski lift. Whenever i get into the throttle, pretty much a little under half throttle and up my skis lift. I can't pull hole shots or anything with it because i have to let off 3 or 4 times in a 40 yard distance because the ski lift is so bad. Does anyone know of any adjustments I can make to help with this problem??
THANKS!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Tighten your limiter straps...A lot

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by LakesOfTheNorth_rider
[br]^^^^ ya the front limiter strap needs to be tightned
http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowmobile/data/articlestandard/snowmobile/452005/196054/640x480-Ski_Limiter.jpg
My sled does not have any straps there... The only leather like straps I can find on the sled are at the very front of the rear suspension setup.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
^^^^^Agreed^^^^^ those are the straps and need to be tightened! I have a 99 formula z 583 and its nearly impossible to get the skis off the ground!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
man i would love to have some ski lift.. lol

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dude they are called SKILIES. lol. Dont tighten the limiter stap to much or your sleds rear end will be skidding all over the place. You have to find a happy medium. Test it in a field and make lots of turns so you know if your track will slid or stay planted.

As for Luke68Polaris, all you have to do is loosen it and you will be pulling skilies like 06SS but your sled will push in turns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts