Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first might i point out that i am an idiot.. i tore the drive shaft assembly apart to replace the bearing and put on a new track.. well, with that said, i did this about 3-4 weeks ago and there it sat.. now, that i am motivated with snow on the ground to put it back together, i can't remember how the bearing & drive shaft was.. basically, i have the bearing, locking collar, speedometer housing, 2 triangular shaped flangettes, and 3 bolts,washers and nuts.. my questions are:

do both flangettes go OUTSIDE the tunnel or 1 inside, 1 outside?
where on the driveshaft does the bearing have to be positioned? flush with the end of the shaft or 1" in or???
do the bolts come from inside the tunnel to out?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I just did the same thing basically. Both of the flanges stay on the outside of the tunnel (clutch side). The bearing goes in between the two. The bolt heads should be on the inside of the tunnel (nuts on the clutch side).

You can go to partsland.com and look at a parts diagram too

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man...i looked at the parts diagram on parts.polarisind and it shows the assembly outside the sled.. real helpful lol.. where did you orientate the bearing on the shaft? did you put it flush with the end?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just tighten it in between the flanges and bolt the whole housing on. Put the chaincase on and make sure the shaft is sticking through the right amount on that side. I hope that helped. I'm having a hard time explaining it.

Yeah, I wish the diagram would be with the tunnel in it somehow. That's why I put it together wrong the first time and had to rip the whole thing apart again. I have learned my lesson. Never take something apart and wait 2 months to put it back together.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by Racing666
[br] where did you orientate the bearing on the shaft? did you put it flush with the end?
Do not tighten the bearing on the shaft until you have the chaincase put back together. Tightening the locking collar should be the last thing you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts