Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought my brother a 1989 Ski-Doo Formula MX 500lt and i was wondering if any one knows of a compony that sells pipes for these sleds? its in really good shape and starts SOOOOO easy....seems to have good compresion..starts up on first pull!! hadnt been started in atleast a year and when we showed up it started up on the 3rd pull!

So if any one knows of an after market compony that makes a pipe that will work on this sled please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
crank shop might have made some. but not sure that would be your best bet or dyno port maybe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well Dyno Port didnt have em for any thing older than like a 93,and i cant find Crank SHop. I called our local Ski-doo dealer (and parts place) and they said they didnt even think they made a pipe for that old of a formula.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=251222&store=Main&productId=p251222&catId=312&leafCatId=31202

this seems to be the same shape as whats on there now but how do you tell what machine it will fit on?

·
Registered
335 Posts
ok.... ya might try slp or psi, they might be able to help ya , personaly i prefer slp, how ever psi is on a lot of the sleds out here in the Great North West,is about 50/50 on the quality between the 2 Co.

·
Registered
197 Posts
my impression is that this sleds gains from pipes would be minimal and may have unforseen side effects that would require clutching changes/narrow the powerband.
unless you have some reason the stock pipe is best...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts