Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Polaris XCR 440 Special that I can't get running. My gas was contaminated over the summer and I didn't realize it till I had already turned it over trying to start it. So I started fixing things...
- I emptied the tank and cleaned it.
-Pulled my fuel pump and replaced all the lines and installed a rebuild kit.
-Pulled carbs and cleaned and checked everything. based on visual inspection everything looks ok and moves freely.
-Installed new fuel filters

Now heres the deal... I can get it to run off of starter fluid through the carbs. I have gas coming out of the fuel pump so that works. But when I pull the bowls from the carb they're almost dry. So the carbs aren't getting/pulling gas.

Please Help! I want to go ride!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pull your carbs again and check the free play of the floats, and the little valve.
they are probably stuck closed. Also I know there was a carb were the bowls would fit backwards, but the floats would not operate. not sure which model it was.
Also check to make sure your vent lines are all on correctly, and not plugged.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree with Shreddy
Also check all your vaccum lines for cracks or just replace them you can get the tubing cheep from home depot or some other hardware store.
If you have a vaccum leak you won't get enough gas in to you bowls.
I wouldn't use to muck starting fluid it's pretty dry and may cause damage to the cylinders

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
By cleaning your carbs doesn't mean to clean the outside

You need to fully dismantle the entire carb, have carb cleaner and compressed air and blow out everything, and be sure everything is clear
Reinstall and use fresh fuel, new plugs and your off to the races

1 - 4 of 4 Posts