Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as many know i am going to be adding a dirtbike to my big toy box.[:D] well theres 2 option know i need help figuring out. should i get rid of atv only and get the crf230f or get rid of sled and atv and get a xr400r?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well if ride alot of tight trails and such the XR might be to cumbersome for you, but the CRF might not be enough power for you when you get alittle older. What type of riding do you do??? and as Roy D. Mercer would say, "How big a boy is you?" I would lean towards the XR400 myself seeing how I'm in the market for the same bike!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im 5'11" and 155 pounds. im looking for a fast trail bike that still can do little jump about 3' tall jumps.

·
Registered
699 Posts
get the crf 250 x its a fourtstroke motocross bike made into a realy nice offroad bike u can take the jumps and wheelie all over the place

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my brother is getting rid of his sled and atv to get a rapter 660 so want something that will keep up with him on trails and if not keep up smoke his silly little @$$ so i want a (VERY) big motor.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You should beable to keep up on either, I also agree with exciter...go with the 250 if not the 400, which will take jumps fairly well.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
yzf426 by yamaha its a 4stroke GREAT power

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If you need a thumper and want a headlight wait until the fall of 03 when Honda is releasing the CRF250X (Totally different from the CRF230!) The CRF250 thumper is a born and breed ballz to the wall motocross racer. The 230 is a wussie trail bike for young kids. I still say get a cheap used CR/YZ/KX/RM 125 2 stroke.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
And how much motorcycle riding experience do you have again? An xr400 is way too much bike for you. Seems you have a dilema between having one nice bike or having a used or smaller displacement/play bike and still having the sled and atv...take a used motox bike and keep the other toys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i definatly want a new 4stroke bike that is fast as hell. the crf250x is nice but no tail light and is that little square thing a headlight, if it is id asume it doesnt put out alot of light. check it out at the link below and say what you think.
http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/motorcycles/off-road/model.asp?ModelName=CRF250X&ModelYear=2004&ModelId=CRF250X4

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
That will be my next bike, well I'm go'n for the CRF250 which is the same bike w/o the lights and starter. Honda is doing the exact same thing as yamaha (YZF vs. WRF), taking their full moto bike putting some lights and an electric starter and calling it a performance trail bike. That 250 thumper is going to be an awesome motor. I've gotten some decent time on a YZ250F and you rarely have to shift out of 3rd and the power is just so easy and fun to control. If you get a 250F you will be able to do full out motocross stuff like big air jumps, whoops, racing and just plain trail riding too. But the 250 F's retail about 6G, maybe a tad less, so they are quite expensive vs. the trail bikes. The 250 will be considerably faster than that 230. Why do you need a tailight so bad? You can buy aftermarket rear fenders with them installed fairly cheap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i need a tail light because i have a dumbass brother that cant tell if i am stopping unless a little red light brightens.lol. so without tail light i would get ran over most likely a couple times by a raptor 660. when i was 4 my brother ran me over with a mountain bike and that hurt enough, now i dont need to get crushed by an atv.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
obviously the crf250x is not in the vote because i dont know the price and stuff yet so for know vote from the 2 options and when i figure out prices of the 250 i will put up the poll for the winner and the 250.

·
Registered
197 Posts
xr's dont have brake lights just a lamp, the plastic headlights can be replaced with halogen (go to baja desighns) on the xr400. the crf250/450 is a better machine but the xr400 is an exelent trail bike w/lots of mods available for it, the 230 does not!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
obviously you don't know what bike you want and obviously you like to pick which one "you should get" by voting. If you go to http://www.dirtrider.net you can ask a lot more questions and get much more in-depth replies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts