Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter just around the corner....I've been thinking about upgrading the suspension in my sled. I have a '95 Formula Z with the old 7 inch suspension in it. I'd like to upgrade to an SC-10 but I don't know how hard this would be but I know it can be done...has anyone ever done this? [:I] With the rear jacked up I'd also like to get a bit more suspension in the front. Can I just put a bigger gas shock in the from or would I need to find a widening kit?
As always any direction and help is greatly appreciated![;)]

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Sounds like a new sled might be cheaper and easier.
The slide suspension should be easy enough, but front end will have alignment probs from chassis to chassis.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 500
Would the rear SC-10 just bolt right into the same holes as the old skid or would I need to drill new holes?
I guess for the front I'll just try recharging the old gas shocks and see if that helps a bit.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
2000TCMC just did a major swap-out of new rails and longer track. He even lengthend his heat exchangers.
Here's his very detailed thread.....

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6910&SearchTerms=suspension,151

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Not sure if it would bolt right in, you would have to take some measurements to see if the geometry is the same. If not you may need to move the rear brackets to the proper location. But I'm not an expert by any stretch. Maybe some of the Ski-doo guys would be of more help, did they ever put the SC-10 in that chassis. Is a 95 and S-chassis or something else. If it is the S-chassis I think it should be an easy swap.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
500, I like the little adder of detailed thread. I just couldn't contain my self with the digi cam. lol. Thanks for reading it anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know...I don't know what they called the 95 Chassis...I'd like to know though! They did have the SC-10 for that model year but it was an upgrade and didn't come standard. My thought is that because of this the bracket spacing must be pretty much the same. I wish there was more Bombardier guys on this forum...everybody here rides Polaris for some odd reason[:D]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
hmmm wonder why...? we wont go there[:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts