Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i own a 2000 Super Sport and I'm wondering about relatively small(0-500$)mods that i can do to increase torque and low-mid range power. do you know of anything, clutching? gearing? small engine mods? i need a little more power but don't want to buy a new sled. any and all suggestions are appriciated.

Also, it already has an AAEN single pipe[:D], but other than that, stock.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Clutch kit for sure. That's your best bet for that motor IMO. Or re-clutch it yourself if can.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Gearing will help the low end torque if thats what your looking for. You could drop a tooth on top.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd personally go with a clutch kit, but if you plan to do more than a clutch kit, such as gearing, pipes or anything engine related....do the engine work first, so that when you order your clutch kit, the clutching will be set up for the mods you have done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i think i'll get a clutch kit, but, what kind of kit should i buy? Hot Seat hypershift? Speed werx kits? Fett Bros.? who makes the best aftermarket kit for polaris? Also how well do UFO's work i'm definetly looking at them to. thanks for any help.[:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Id gear it down and get a clutch kit for sure..

·
Registered
840 Posts
Originally posted by iNdY_bOi
[br]Thanks for the suggestions guys, i think i'll get a clutch kit, but, what kind of kit should i buy? Hot Seat hypershift? Speed werx kits? Fett Bros.? who makes the best aftermarket kit for polaris? Also how well do UFO's work i'm definetly looking at them to. thanks for any help.[:)]
Call Matt from MCB Performance (www.mcbperformance.com) and tell him what you are looking to do with your sled. Im sure Matt will steer you in the right direction. Good luck - WL [;)]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Erlandson(sp?) or EPI, almost all my clutch componets are EPI, and work great! UFO's are a waste of money IMO, don't work as advertised. So if you build a kit yourself, use EPI. If you order a kit I would go with Erlandson..MO

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can't go wrong with any recomendations from Starting Line, they have a great tech line . I would start with clutching because your drive train is only 50% to 55% efficient so any improvements should be done there. ( 10HP at the motor = only 5HP at the track) Thats why all my sleds go on the dyno , including my wife's sled which is bone stock ,to get the most power to the ground without touching the motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by iNdY_bOi
[br]Hey everyone, i own a 2000 Super Sport and I'm wondering about relatively small(0-500$)mods that i can do to increase torque and low-mid range power. do you know of anything, clutching? gearing? small engine mods? i need a little more power but don't want to buy a new sled. any and all suggestions are appriciated.

Also, it already has an AAEN single pipe[:D], but other than that, stock.
engine mods that are the least ecspensive are raising the port time with a thicker base gasket and milling the head...second would be in clutching check at www.sledtech.net they are suppose to be having an article on the hxc secondary and i would assume on primary also./..gabs

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll have to disagree with the UFO's not working as advertised... When they are installed and properly setup they make a noticeable
differance. Smoother all across the powerband, more bottom end torque, they save fuel, and they compensate for weather changes (somewhat). Now I cannot tell you if they add HP as I have never had the sled dynoed (either before or after installing them, but after installing them you do notice they are there...Also after installing them I picked up about 10km/ph or so on the top end....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How does one go about milling the heads? i assume you take them to a machine shop but will they know what they are doing? or do you go to your dealer?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dont mill the heads, do by a clutch kit (heel ckickers work well) and the ufos worked very well for me. Hard to set up well with out alot of jetting knowledge and a set of egts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts