Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I was doing some pre-season tune up and was changing the plus and notice on of the plug wires was loose as all hell on the plug. Looked closer and see the plastic end was cracked too. So it looks like I cant just replace the one wire and that I need to replace the entire wire box, or can I just replace the plug wire end???

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't know about your sled, but on most you can just twist the boot off, cut a little bit like maybe 1/4 inch off or a half inch and then twist the boot back on, giving it a better connection. I'd do this on both sides though, so you have an equal connection

·
Registered
195 Posts
If I understand you correct, you are talking about the wire going into the spark plug cover? Either end of the wire should just screw onto a stud either on the coil or the spark plug cover, the covers are a common thing to replace and if the wires are old it's a good idea to replace the with some good stuff, the NGK cable is a great upgrade.

You can go to our website and type in NGK in the search box and see the covers I'm talking about and the wires too.

www.outdoorsupplyonline.com

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
NGK ends work great, especially the one-piece. Some wires are epoxied into the coil, and are not removable; be gentle until you are sure... End replacement is easy, and as SRXSRULE said.. do both!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its just the plug end that needs to replaced. the other end looks like its molded into the coil. how do you disconnect the wire from the cap? they are both ngk brand. this is what i need...
[attachment=49977]

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah you can change them they jusy unscrew. the other end is epoxied into the coil.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thax man i will go get some new ends 2 day!!! what is the gap setting for the plugs??? if i remember right it was around 32???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the new ends installed simple job replaced them both. went with NGK again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts