Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i swaped out my blown up 580 and now i have a 650 in it and i want to do more standing up when i ride also i ditchbang a lot and i want my bars raised up a bit. im thinking around 3 inches is what i think i want.

who has riser setups on their wedge sleds? and do you like them? how do they perform and what do they cost? do i have to lengthen the throttle cable and the brake cable to? i dont want to get the most exspensive one out there but looking to see if there are good deals for the parts or maybe one of you have a set to sell for a decent price.

if you have pics of yours please post so i can see how it looks on your sled. thanks in advance
2010824143344860_11412.jpg

2010824143432547_11412.jpg

2010824143444766_11412.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got 3" risers on mine and i love them! I'm a short guy so i didn't need much to be comfortable, but even with just 3 inches its alot easier to throw the sled around and my back doesnt hurt near as bad as it used to after a day of riding. Mines a 93 indy 440 and it should be safe to raise them 3" with out having to get longer cables, mine don't have any problems at all as far as the reach goes.

Sorry, and the pic of the sled is in my avatar

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
you have proly seen mine. I got a 8" riser for $60 new at the grass drags. then i got a set of dirtbike bars on that. 8" is perfect for standing and just a little to big for sitting unless you like apehangers haha. here is mine it you haven't seen already.
As for cables i just rerouted mine and they where long enough.
by the way those skis look familiar..... DID YOU STEAL THEM FROM ME???? haha
201093232421532_30620.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sTOrMy96 said:
you have proly seen mine. I got a 8" riser for $60 new at the grass drags. then i got a set of dirtbike bars on that. 8" is perfect for standing and just a little to big for sitting unless you like apehangers haha. here is mine it you haven't seen already.
As for cables i just rerouted mine and they where long enough.
by the way those skis look familiar..... DID YOU STEAL THEM FROM ME???? haha
201093232421532_30620.jpg
HaHaHa yeah those ski's lol........... i put them on my sled and i was going to go for a classic xlt special look and use it as a sleeper but i just couldnt bear them colors anymore. my boss has a 97 xlt with the xtra12 and he wants the skins from the ski's so i said $30 so he wants them so i will go to e-bay n get new red skins for$45 shipped to my door. i repainted the whole sled jet gloss black and red as my accent. looking for red plastics n accesories now. i want a 3" riser but i think my cables might not be long enuf. the brake cable will be fine but the throttle cable is questionable. i need to find a deal on a 3" block from someone on here.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i dont think they make 3"... 2" 4" 6" 8" 10" is what they make... just stack two clamp blocks on top of one another and get longer blots. if you need another block i might have one. i can always check. pay for shipping and you can have it if i have one. i will look tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sTOrMy96 said:
i dont think they make 3"... 2" 4" 6" 8" 10" is what they make... just stack two clamp blocks on top of one another and get longer blots. if you need another block i might have one. i can always check. pay for shipping and you can have it if i have one. i will look tomorrow.
do you have a picture of the block? im sure i can go get longer bolts. i think i will take it. you could just ship it ina bubble wrap thing usps for cheap? 53952 forgot but do you have paypal?

·
Registered
140 Posts
using just blocks and bolts is okay, but if you can afford to give a little extra for pivot adapters and riser you will like it alot more. when you rise bars with blocks it brings them closer to you and sets you farther back while standing, pivot bars you can stand them straight up and when you stand you are in the perfect spot on the sled. and when i switched from my 4 inch solid to 6 inch pivot i had to take out the throttle cable extension because moving the bars forward made the stock cables reach no problem

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Don't do the blocks. They arn't true verticle risers. they move the bars back also. Which sucks on the already narrow wedge running boards.
I have rsi 2" risers on mine which is actually more than 2".

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I agree pivots all the way, by far the best upgrade on my sled next to putting the zr suspension in.
I know it's not a wedge but it gives you an idea. You can also check my flickr link in my sig

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Piviots are fine if you like a unrefined look. I perfered to use my existing bar cover.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crazyredneck55 said:
using just blocks and bolts is okay, but if you can afford to give a little extra for pivot adapters and riser you will like it alot more. when you rise bars with blocks it brings them closer to you and sets you farther back while standing, pivot bars you can stand them straight up and when you stand you are in the perfect spot on the sled. and when i switched from my 4 inch solid to 6 inch pivot i had to take out the throttle cable extension because moving the bars forward made the stock cables reach no problem
good point. probably would do the 4 inch pivot riser cause it will keep the bar forward instead of bringing it back and pushing me back when i stand.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
You should be able to do 4" on that without extending anything.. I put 5" that pivots on mine, and only had to straighten out the metal part of the brake line..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
You should be able to do 4" on that without extending anything.. I put 5" that pivots on mine, and only had to straighten out the metal part of the brake line..
since this was a 94 xlt chassis i think the xlt580 had a longer throttle cable. just looks like my 650 throttle cable is a lil shorter. i will have to do the modand see how the length is affected. i know the brake cable will fit cause it has lots of slack in it and i could bend the metal part of the hose as well.

anyone have a decent 4in pivot riser forsale? think i have been converted to the 4in instead of the 2 or 3"

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Another upgrade I would recommend would be to add Edge bars!! They are much straighter and a bit wider, and are much more comfy! I did that on my wedge last year and they are very nice! I got a 3 inch riser on my edge with room to spare still. I just rerouted the cable a bit.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stock edge bar. see your from hartford.......my oldman used to work there and id go down to the shop a lot. nice area but not enuf snow lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts