Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is such a general topic to ask about and it gets talked about a lot. But I am personal suck on what exhaust to choose. I have looked and looked and have decided to choose from one of the following. I am looking for something aggressive and actually kind of loud. List as stated:

GGB Exhaust - Mountain Can
Jaws Performance
HPS

I currently have a Super-Q silencer on, its an alright silencer, gives some aggression, but not to my spec. I want to know what you guys think and/or what you suggest. Maybe even a different brand.

Thanks!

Jake

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Why are you looking for loud with no power gains?

I understand a can to save weight from the stock suitcase. You have that now. I'd look at a set of pipes from SLP to make it breath better. Be sure to jet and clutch to the pipe specs.
It will make a huge difference in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well okay "dodger" my spec on aggression would be lines of throaty. Something that sounds great mid throttle and is amazing at wide open. "Student Driver" I take it that your not a fan of loud silencers. I agree with you, but yet I don't. Loud can be annoying, but I want something that is a head turner.

I've looked at SLP and they have some great pieces for sleds, I had one in one of my older ones that I sold. I'm looking for something new, something crazy cool.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
trick out your sled not your exhaust....Most people don't turn their heads to loud exhaust because they are impressed. Many think the owner must be trying to compensate for something.

Reactions: Student Driver

·
Registered
292 Posts
MBRP Race can's sound super sweet! Nice and loud... Sure to piss of the neighbors, No re-jet required.. Made for most makes and models...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I'm fine with loud. I just think it's a total waist to do a can for the sole purpose of loud when you can make very significant gains in throttle response and power with pipes. Then it will be loud with an actual reason to be loud.

It's a little like putting a loud fart can on a stock Civic. It just screams "kid trying to sound fast when he really isn't"

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Bear in mind the loud cans can close down the trails. I've kept mine stock...nothing wrong with it it still goes fast.But hey to each their own. i hope you find a can that is suitable to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I understand your guys statements on just being loud and stuff like that. I know what you mean, im not that young kid anymore like I was haha. But Im just starting somewhere to get my sled where I want to be. I already have many mods on it and it looks clean. Im not looking to be cocky at all, just something that I can add to the sled....

But anyway, ive decided to put a Jaws can on it, nice tone. It should go well with my machine. Hope to put a pipe on the machine in the near future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts