Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this sled at a local dealer. The word on the street is that it has a burnt down piston. How much do you think it'd cost to rebuild the motor and have a decent beater sled for when friends/family come over.

I could probably have a good spare sled for under a grand right?

http://www.promotorsportsinc.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09822962X1K17K2007J9I31I19JPMQ74R0&veh=111757

I might go snatch this one up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
600 is a good deal. depends on if you are a do it yourselfer, or if you are planning on paying for the repairs. If you can get it all done for under 1000, you are doing good.
Worst case scenario... new cyinder, new pistion, machine/new head, rebuild carbs, other... it can add up.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do a rebuild myself, but I am not sure if this motor just needs a couple hundred dollars worth of pistons and rings.

I'll have to run up there and get more info on this sled.

Also I don't exactly have my heart set on getting this, so if any local Wi member is interested in a sled for a project.......there it is.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I found conflicting opinions about the sled on this site also. Some said strong motors, some said bad piston skirts, and bearings.

I think I'll let this "mechanics special" to someone else. I'd rather see if I can find something ready to run.

Thanks for the replies though guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts