Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She really enjoys riding. She has been riding the older stuff and its beginning to show its 10 years of age.

We talked about updating to something newer but used and thats still an option. But Im thinking manufacturers and dealers are looking to dump some stuff because of the last few lousy winters.

Anyways I am NOT brand loyal. I want something that rides nice, but yet is somewhat enjoyable in the throttle dept. I would prefer EFI and elec start as well as reverse. Elec start I could do without but the reverse for her is a good thing.

If anyone has suggestions that would be great, would like something with warranty and if any promos are going on that would be great.

She likes the speed and is in great shape and can maneuver if need be, but she more of a cruiser. But it should be sporty enough where I can ride it and feel good about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey if your looking for an excellent sled, look into Ski-Doo REV's. I just got a new 500ss and its the best sled I've ever ridden. The new suspension is comfortable and easy to handle. Its quick and with the new suspension it allows for the rider to have more control of the entire sled. This motor is acutally a 600, just classified as 500ss. Awesome sled and you could get a left over for real cheap. bought mine new for under 6 and its an '06. check them out!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I sell Arctic Cats in Osseo Minn. near Minneapolis. We have a few Sabercats left in non current models, cheap. Some LXR's which are reverse, electric start and remote start standard.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I'd say 500 Sabercat LX or 500 Classic.

·
Registered
394 Posts
500cc polaris xc indy is all she really needs.I doubt she would really use every bit of the 500 motor and the newer ones will keep up just fine with most 600 on a packed trail.I believe in snow goer magazine I read that the newer 500's would push right around 95-100.Do you really want your wife going any faster?
Take care,sparkyd31

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
the new phazers have been popular for a wifes sled. they got plenty of power they ride super nice they have more suspenion than other sleds. its efi, pretty decent on gas its lightweight so its easy for her to handle, has all teh goodies like electric start and push button reverse plus since its 4 stroke it don't have no stinky gas smell( i personally love the smell but most women seem to not like it). pretty good price for a 2007 sled too

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She HATED the phazer...I took one for a ride, it had WAY more power than I expected of course its geared down but it was a fun sled. Besides she would get cold on it.

Well a Vector it is... bought it tonight.

She picked it out.... she chose the color and the model. We got the black/silver Vector GT with the ohlin shocks all the way around.
1.25 predator track and added 96 studs for stopping power. New carbides on it as well.

She also bought a new pair of boots, a new Yamaha Jacket, a Castle CR2 jacket, a cover, saddlebag, carbides and studs with tax, dealer prep, and registration only came to 8300 bucks.... one thing I forgot is the extended warranty which I will have to remember when we go back to pick it up thursday.

It was a nice riding machine with very smooth acceleration. No big wheel stands but nice and smooth. I think she will really enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sounds great thats a good sled too hope she has fun on it. ya my mom has the 2000 phazer dlx then she she tooke my phazer for a ride and thought it was very weird cus you are up so high and shes a sit down rider and her butt never leaves the seat

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dad has a 99 yamaha srx with slp pipes and it runs awesome fastest sled ive ever rode. it also came with ohlins shocks all the way around and he has back problems and he said he could tell the differance between the ohlins and the stock shocks. the sabercats are deffinatly a good choice though. sleek looking too.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by Garceau
[br]She HATED the phazer...I took one for a ride, it had WAY more power than I expected of course its geared down but it was a fun sled. Besides she would get cold on it.

Well a Vector it is... bought it tonight.

She picked it out.... she chose the color and the model. We got the black/silver Vector GT with the ohlin shocks all the way around.
1.25 predator track and added 96 studs for stopping power. New carbides on it as well.

She also bought a new pair of boots, a new Yamaha Jacket, a Castle CR2 jacket, a cover, saddlebag, carbides and studs with tax, dealer prep, and registration only came to 8300 bucks.... one thing I forgot is the extended warranty which I will have to remember when we go back to pick it up thursday.

It was a nice riding machine with very smooth acceleration. No big wheel stands but nice and smooth. I think she will really enjoy it.
Well, it should get the job done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts