Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on buying a snowmobile and am stuck between 4 right now 02' SX Viper 00' XCR 800 00" SRX 700 or a 96' ultra i just want to get the one that will be the best allaround trail sled after upgrades. what one would be the best for that application?

·
Registered
448 Posts
The Ultra is going to be the *rougher riding of the group because of the older style suspension, the XCR is going to be the heaviest of the bunch, i would prolly do the viper for a trail. Thats just my opinion though

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yeah I would say the Viper will be your best bet for a trail sled... many mods available and it will handle alot better than the older Ultra or the XCR which is more of a straight line machine. Viper would be my first choice, XCR would be a close second.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would be the best upgrades for the viper?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by webster696
[br]what would be the best upgrades for the viper?
pipes (triple) comes with single so triple i think adds like 20-25 hp. and then heads and clutching and that is an awsom sled. i would say the srx 700 or the sx viper, viper for trail and srx for trail and lake sled. xcr and ultra and srx are made for speed so the trail sled would be a sx viper, like i said the srx is faster and comes with triples and is made for speed but is a ok trail sled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts