Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sleds:don't laugh at these because i am trying to get new ones ok. just letting you know what i'm dealling with here. both of the pictures are of me. don't laugh at the one of the 1980 because i am 9 years old ok! the one on my sled was taken las year. Both sleds are still Mint.

1989 a cat JAG 340

1980 a cat JAG 440

as you know i am looking for a snowmobile. I have been buggin my dad for quite a while now and i recently asked him the question "so if we actually get this snow machine, where will we go because we don't trail ride right now" he replied you can take yours (1989 arctic cat JAG 34) and i'll take the new one" i think to myself screw that! you think i'm going through all this trouble so YOU can ride it. (i've been making lots of phone calls, looking around etc). anyways, i jsut found this deal that i havn't called about that is a 1990 exciter II, 1993 exciter II SX, with trailer for 5k canadian. I like the SX but what i need is for you guys to spill the dirt on the exciters. One of the main reasons i want a new one is because of the suspension. Could you guys tell me about that. I think the 570 liquid will provide power when i need it but not extremely.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Those Exciters were very reliable sleds . Parts are readily available. Plenty of power. If they are in good shape, and the trailer isn't a piece of junk, it sounds like a good deal to me.

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Them peoples don't want you to use thier bandwidth to post your pics here, that is why they put thier own picture up instead of yours. If you want to post them, send them to Me, Polaris-Man, inntendedacceleration, or one of the many other fine people around here who will find a place for your pictures so you will be able to post them. Thanks!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
i rode the exciter for many years when i lived in the soo i rode it to work every day in the winter and all i ever did was put gas and oil in it. plenty of power and great on gas speedo should show 100 mph on the straight away that dosnt mean your goig 100 but close. sounds like a good deal but im not sure on us vs. can money what is that u.s. 3800 -4000.

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a pic of the exciters /w trailer. i phoned the guy last night and it sounds awsome! the 93 SX has just of 6000km, is all stock and mint cond.

the '90 (red) has 3500km and a small scratch on th front but that's it. It also has electric start. the trailer was bought in 2000 and excellent shape.

Billy Bong
What year was your exciter could you give me a kind of report card on your exciter. the main reason i want i newer sled is because of the suspension? what it like? and could you fill in the other areas. Thanks alot, Baja

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Baja:

My Sleds:don't laugh at these because i am trying to get new ones ok. just letting you know what i'm dealling with here. both of the pictures are of me. don't laugh at the one of the 1980 because i am 9 years old ok! the one on my sled was taken las year. Both sleds are still Mint.

[/quote]

did u make a typo? if u are really 9 years old, what u got now w/ the 1980 should be just fine for awhile. at the age of 9, i dont think u are legal to trail ride, maybe within 100 feet of a liscenced driver, i think, dont trust me on this, but thats what i read.

Trust me on this part, if you wait and buy a newer sled urself, u will apreciate it alot more, get a summer job cutting grass or sumthing and work for stuff you want, not saying u dont, just what i have found out that works good.

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no man, I am 14. lol! i got my license when i turned 12. just that pic of me riding was when i was nine. I first drove a sled when i was 8. jeeze man! that kind of makes me feel bad that you would think I am 9 lol. but now that i read it, it does sound like i am 9. Sorry about that

Edited by - baja on 28 Feb 2002 20:29:13

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
lol, thats alright...it really did make it sound like u were nine, thats why i figured it was a typo and the pics didnt work...i say since it isnt gonna snow again this year, u should get a job and work ur ass off and make all kinds of money and buy a sled of ur own, then ur dad will have to ride the 89 jag...hehehe...i spose if u can talk him into the exciters, good deal too

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Registered
95 Posts
That Jag is in sweet shape for an older sled, as are those exciters! I always like finding used toys that are super clean! I figure, if they kept them looking nice, they probably kept them running nice as well.
I never cared for the "pogo stick" front suspensions on those "older" Yammies. They seem harsh when it gets a little rough. But on well groomed trails or playing around in a field or something, they are great sleds. Good luck!

TOO MUCH IS JUST RIGHT!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My mom is messed up. I asked her if i could get a summer job and she said. "you have your whole life to work!" "I think you should get a job when you are 16, then you can drive yourself because i'm not drving you everyday so you can buy toys"

oh well, maybe i should wait a couple years when i can swing the cash for a nice used sled Like a ZRT, XC, SRX or something like that. that is truely reliable, can go when you giver her the gas and has wicked suspension. I know it sounds like i'm dreaming but hey, it could happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mine was just like the red one a 1990, suspention was ok well to tell ya the truth for long rides it was better than my viper the rear end on the 1990 was a little squrilly but i didnt have studs either. dude they look great i would love to find one that looked that clean.like i said very very dependable easy to work on and the gass milage is super. good torque and top end i went the 1990 to the 2002 viper so of course i think of that exciter as being slow but if 90 mph is slow to me now i must have a death with. for the year you got to give these sleds a a- to b+ for allaround sled . they are small sleds so your size will make a difference and by the way im 240 and if your less it will be that much better of a ride. looks like a good deal to me......

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
31 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by billybong:

mine was just like the red one a 1990, suspention was ok well to tell ya the truth for long rides it was better than my viper the rear end on the 1990 was a little squrilly but i didnt have studs either. dude they look great i would love to find one that looked that clean.like i said very very dependable easy to work on and the gass milage is super. good torque and top end i went the 1990 to the 2002 viper so of course i think of that exciter as being slow but if 90 mph is slow to me now i must have a death with. for the year you got to give these sleds a a- to b+ for allaround sled . they are small sleds so your size will make a difference and by the way im 240 and if your less it will be that much better of a ride. looks like a good deal to me......

smoke it if you got it[/quote]
forgot i hove not shoped a trailer in some time mine is a 1972 use to be 2 place now in this day and age its a one place. but the trailer has to be worth $700 us. alone so figure that into the cost and your getting a ok deal .

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Baja, I would say that billybong's description is right on. My father has a 1990 Exciter in mint condition (only has 1040 miles on it) and that thing rips! The suspension is decent and it is fairly light (in case you get stuck). They're very reliable sleds if kept in good condition.....great starter sled, I think you'd be pleased w/one.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
14 Posts
i used to ride a phazer and absolutely loved it. they are very light and reliable. i'm sellin mine for $800 bucks and it is in good condition, if u r interested let me know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts