Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, I am good friends with SKSPolarisIndy outside of this forum. He has offered to sell me his 1991 Indy 500 SKS for $500 and I will hopefully be buying it sometime within the next few months.

I will be making a nice little project out of this sled next summer and I have a few questions about the suspension. One idea I am kicking around is putting the Xtra-10 front and rear susp. out of my Indy Trail in it, but I am not sure if the front susp. from my evolved chassis will fit the wedge chassis, anyone done this?

Another idea I am kicking around is to leave the dial adjust susp. in it but make it into a 121". So I guess my main question here is, how well would the dial adjust perform for me? About 70% of my riding consists of rough, twisty trails, the other 30% would be playing around on the power lines and sand pits around here. With stiff springs, how would the dial adjust hold up to rough trails and jumping? I am not really concerned about my own personal comfort but more about not wanting to fix broken suspension all the time. Is the dial adjust tough enough to take a beating? or should I just go extra-10? The only reason I am holding back on the xtra-10 is I really like my trail, and don't really want to tear it apart, also like I said above, I am not sure if the front will mount up. I realize I have a while to think about this, but with snow outside I've been thinking about it lots lately [:D] ...So I came to my fellow fanatics hoping for some advice and opinions!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
you can get some used xtra 10 front fox shocks. that will give you the extra travel and better tunability.

you can find used xtra 10's or even used edge skids. a used edge skid would be the best thing you could do. add a ripsaw track and you have one nice 500wedge.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top