Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am looking at purchasing a 2 place trailer from someone in my area. He says the width of this trailer is 8 foot wide, what i need to know is will 2 4 foot wide sleds correctly fit on this trailer?
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Two newer machines will not fit very easily. The math just never seems to work out on this one. From experience, I know two Gen II Polaris machines are a pain in the hind quarter to get on an 8' wide trailer. Two XTRA-12 machines are nearly impossible. I am sure the other brands are similar. That is why the manufacturers all make 100" to 102" trailers now. 96" just isn't quite wide enough.

In short:
Possible-yes.
Desireable-no.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, Ill give you guys a better descrption of the the trailer. It is a 99 R&R "northern lite" trailer. I called R&R and they said it is 101" wide.... right now it has a 99 z370 (41" wide) and a 99 340 jag DLX (39" wide) and they only look like maybe the have a foot between the two front skis... but r&r makes them so i would hope they would be right... Does this sound right to everyone?

·
Registered
249 Posts
My dad owns a Magnum 2 place trailor(they where made by Chilton), and I have hauled a 2001 Formula Z 600 and my 2001 XCF 440. They fit fine the trailor width is 101", so I hope this helps you.

Steve

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Only way to find out for sure is have the guy to go out and measure the width in inches for you.
If it is 96" forget about fitting 2 newer sleds on it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a 1997 rough riders trailer 8 X 10 enclosed and my 05 fusion and 1999 ZL 500 fit in there with about 3- 4 inches in between. Mathematically it doesn't sound right, but i'm not sure what measuring points they use.

[attachment=51832]

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have an 8 foot wide it works but it is tight do yourself a favor get a wider trailer....

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by 06SS
[br]well, Ill give you guys a better descrption of the the trailer. It is a 99 R&R "northern lite" trailer. I called R&R and they said it is 101" wide.... right now it has a 99 z370 (41" wide) and a 99 340 jag DLX (39" wide) and they only look like maybe the have a foot between the two front skis... but r&r makes them so i would hope they would be right... Does this sound right to everyone?
The 39" and 41" you speak of are the ski stance, not the total width. 39" stance is probably 45" or 46" total width. If you have a foot between the skis, you are good to go. When I load my XLT and 440 on my 8' trailer, the skis touch or overlap.

Like ACEXLT said, have the guy physically measure it with a tape. Tell him it will be the difference of you buying it or not.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys... The guy is not currently with the trailer so I was just trying to do some homework before he got back to me. Im thinkin my sleds should fit tho!
Here are actual pics of the trailer and the sleds on it... maybe this will help! lol
[attachment=51841]
[attachment=51842]
[attachment=51843]
[attachment=51844]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Looks to me like it could be 101" wide. By the looks of the aluminum down the middle of the trailer and the L-shapes on the sides, it is bigger than 96".

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, good news.. I found that the two sleds on the trailer are actually 45" wide and 46" wide.. this means they are 91" together... which is only 5 inches short of the 8ft mark and there is a bigger gap then 5 inches between the front ski so this would have to be 101" wide...
So as soon as the guy calls me im buying it.
thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
oh ya they should fit, if they dont fit side by side put one backwards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts