Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a 2002 ZR Sno Pro 440 in great shape its like new. There's no rust scratch's or dents and never raced. The sled was only rode once a winter.

Did these sleds have any major problems?

I have a 03 Pro X 440 liquid fully trail converted will the sno pro be more picky or less picky thanks.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Wait is this the wannabe fan cooled snopro? If it is, they are pretty reliable, obviously since they use a fan cooled engine. Are you buying it or trading it?

Wait, edit, I noticed it said ZR so that must make it a l/c right?

·
Registered
232 Posts
ive heard there pretty good sled for arctic cats, i own a z370 even though its the fan model it still is a pretty reliable, other than the recoil seizing up on me twice in 500 miles, but other than that they're alright sled, for an ac

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Is it the zr chassis snopro or the f series sno pro? I ride my z chassis sled, and it just keeps going. Strong running sled too.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
02 firecat 440's had a bunch of problems. There were a ton of updates. Once updated, they're like the 03's.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
first year of the F chassis they did have problems like said above, Here is a video of one in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOYBw9TbFg

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
The 02 SnoPro's had some issues. When updated, they were about the same as the 03's. I would stay away from the Firecat bodied SnoPro's period unless you get a killer deal on one. Save your money and go straight for a 04+ which are lightyears better of a sled.

...my two-cents of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts