Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 95 xlt sks 600 that has been sitting for the past two years, it ran when i parked it but does not want to start now. i know if i fiddle and monkey with some things it would probably run just fine but last winter i bought a king cat 200hp so going back to the xlt is not going to be the same. i was thinking about dropping a newer fuel injected motor in it but that can get pretty expensive and then it ruins the whole point of having an xlt. i found on ebay i can get a new head bored .020 over with pistons to match and a top end gasket for $425, good idea? good price? what else can i do with the engine/exhaust/intake to make it stand straight up and down. my plans for the sled is eventually to be a complete custom with a rediculous track, tunnel, and complete change of the front end. any ideas for me?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i dont have much for direction to give you but i must say i am looking forward to see the final product, i love to see these old wedgies "modernized", as long as money is not an issue you should have lots of fun with it, i would say go 144 on the track with 2 inch lugs, maybe find an edge skid to throw under it, get a new exhaust sytem, re gear, jet and clutch it, not sure what to say on the front suspension, get some monkey bars,

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Maybe just see if you can find an XCR/Storm 800 to drop in there? They would go in nicely and push long track real well if that's what you're looking to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm looking for about a 151" track to hang out the back, and i would drop an xcr 800 in a heartbeat but they are expensive, and i would still have to put money into it, but idk

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i unless you get a bigger motor i would not put more then a 144 just because thats alot to turn for 600, but if you want a ridculous sled and not care so much about the riding then get a 163" lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that deff would be cool but thats way too big for around here. my king cat had a 162" which was awesome but too ridiculous

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Go for the Storm 800 then, you should be able to find an engine or a cheap storm. Cosmetically it could be crap as long as the engine's fine, that's usually the chapest to do. Plus it would have lots of spare chassis parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts