Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took the sled out down here in SE MN and it was first ride with the new 136x1.75 track...i think part of my problem is the stock skis but is there anything else i can do to as far as setting up suspension to keep the front end on top of the snow more???? seemed like sled wanted to nose dive alot in the deep snow....????????????????????please help!!! was nice to get a few miles on tho!![:D]

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Tighten your front limiter straps, might have to adjust the rear coupler block too. Basically you want the rear suspension to "collapse" more when your riding, this is refered to wieght transfer, more on the rear = less ski pressure.

·
Super Moderator
11,293 Posts
The longer track will cause the front end to push more then a 121 sled will. Wider skis and loosen the front limiter straps, not tighten them.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
exactly.... tightening them brings the front of the suspesion down and cause you to have more ski pressure... which is not what your trying to achieve. Loosen them up as much as you can, you may have to drill new holes in them. Also take out those blocks ( aren;t they called RRSS blocks or something of that nature?) on the back side of where the rail colapses backward this will help when the front comes up the rear will go back farther.

Wider skis really makes no difference other than trail riding. If you set the rear up right your skis wont even touch the ground in snow over a foot and a half deep. Not ideal for trail riding, but very effective for hill climbing and powder riding where you dont want your skis to be on the snow.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Remember, he said longer track, to loose on the straps, and no more sterring. I removed the rear blocks on my xcr, and found every time ya gave her throttle, instant skis in the sky. Play with the straps, but leave the blocks in the rear for transfer weight evenly

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Originally posted by RMK-KING
[br]The longer track will cause the front end to push more then a 121 sled will. Wider skis and loosen the front limiter straps, not tighten them.
yea thats it...haha right idea wrong way. thanks for the correction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.