Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the girlfriends sled out because it will go wide open sometimes and sometimes not. When you trial ride it is like it is flooding out starving for fuel, then it will go like a raped ape.
it is a 91 Indy 400.

and i was wondering about the lines that come off the float bowl. if you take the plugs off when they are still on the engine, is the gas suppose to just keep coming out of the bottom of the carbs or not?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Have you checked for a bad needle and seat or a sticking float bowl.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Originally posted by 98_XC_700
[br]...and i was wondering about the lines that come off the float bowl. if you take the plugs off when they are still on the engine, is the gas suppose to just keep coming out of the bottom of the carbs or not?
I'm assuming your talking about the plugs on the bottom of the carb. If so, then yes gas will continue to pour out as the gas is not allowed to fill the bowl which raises the floats...closing the needle.

Personally I would clean the carbs quite thouroghly and see if that helps. Make sure to really go over the needle and look for wear. A sticky float bowl could also be the cause.

Check your gas filter as well, could be plugging up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that trouble and my choke cable was sticking from being to close to the exhast,take cables out of the carband watch the ends when truning choke on and off,one of mine was sticking on and flooding one cylinder,but ran fine wide open

1 - 5 of 5 Posts