Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just found a 98 and 99 pow. specials, bolth sleds w/ trailer for 3100. The ad doesnt say engine size, were they all 600's? No mention if theyre efi either, I know some were, but were they all in those years? They look real nice in the pics, I just left a voicemail on the guys phone, asking if he wants to swap my car thats up for sale, hopefully he will call back tonite or tomarrow. But for now could you guys give me a little schooling on these sleds? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They came in 500/600/700 versions, the 500 came with a 1 1/4 track the rest came with a 2inch. the 500 and 600 are both efi, where as the 700 is carbed. they both run a 136 track.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they do have 136 track, claiming 2.25 paddles, (but they probably are 2in) So they must be 6 or 700's. Did they come w/reverse?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I dont believe they came stock with reverse, and honestly i have never really heard of one with reverse either. if they are both in good shape and are a 600/700 then i would find 3100 more than a fair price.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well cool, I hope to swap w/him, or my car sells soon. I was kinda wanting a little newer machine, but heck if I get these I wont even bother rebuilding the indy 400--sell it cheapn or something. But the trail wont take much, im even considering just replacing the one side that my neph deystroyed instead of bolth, even though it has almost 6k. Is that a wise move? One side and a gasket kit is only 86 w/shipping vs. 209 for the whole top end kit. Oh i put a pic of those specials up too

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
If your gonna do a top end replace in sets, its not worth having a piston go and take out a crank because one had 7k miles and the other had only a few hundred. However you might be better parting the sled if its not worth putting the money into it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering about that. Makes sense... I think i'll go ahead and just redo the whole top end then, hate to part it out it was my Dads sled, and its still in real nice shape, no rips, dings, cracks or anything

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help empire, does anybody else have any input on those specials?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts