Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 1" lug track for the ole MXZ. I have never replaced one and was wondering if any of you guys can give me some insight/instruction on how to do it?
I don't think it can be that hard! [?] I just installed a reverse kit on my bro's MXZ....and I think I know what needs to be done....just looking for $.02 and some confirmation! [:D]
Thanks

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Basically you need to remove the 4 suspension to tunnel bolts to remove the skiframe and then remove the drive axle. It really is a simple process but as matt explained it is a little time consuming. On the tracks i have changed in the past i have not had to remove the chain case completely but matt may be correct as i have never had the oppertunity to change a track on an MXZ. I just remove the speedo drive and bearing bolts...usually three of them and then the bolts in the chain case and slide the shaft one way or the other to get it out. We have many knowledgeable people here, i'm sure if you have more questions that we can help you answer them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys...thanks for the tips/info. I didn'think it was going to be that hard, I just needed a confidence booster![:D]

·
Registered
837 Posts
don't worrk it not that hard and you don't need any special tools, just remeber to take the secondary clutch off first then you can get the bolts on the bearing easier, and you may not haveto remove the entire chain case because you may be able to pust the shaft over to the clutch side where it will slide out then you can get the track off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts