Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband passed away in June and the kids want to keep his old mountain max 600 triple. It needs some tlc but I cannot find info because vin is only 9 digits. Can any help me find the full specs and any places to get decent priced track for it?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will get much more help with questions and info over at totallyamaha.net

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

Keep in mind, the Mountain Max will be similar to the SXR's if it's a Red Head Triple and the SRX's if it's a Blue Head triple. I'm pretty sure they were Redhead. VIP's on totally yamaha have access to Service Manuals. Or hit me up with questions. I have the SM for the SRX line. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Keep in mind, the Mountain Max will be similar to the SXR's if it's a Red Head Triple and the SRX's if it's a Blue Head triple. I'm pretty sure they were Redhead. VIP's on totally yamaha have access to Service Manuals. Or hit me up with questions. I have the SM for the SRX line. Good luck
So would you happen to know what tracks are compatible with the 2000 yamaha MM600.
The sled was my husbands, he passed away this past June. Our children want to keep the sled for sentimental reasons and the only thing needing replacement is the track, which according to local dealer is discontinued by yamaha. (As far as I know its 15 w and 141 L with 2" paddles) i have been told it is not worth buying brand new aftermarket, so that leAves me with trying to find one used that is compatible.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It depends on the condition of the sled. If it's nice enough to do the work involved in changing the track then just buy new. What type of use will the machine see? If it's more trails than deep mountain snow then you don't need 2" paddles. 141" tracks are out there. You can get a camoplast cobra 1.6" lug that would be just fine. Pricey yes....worth it....up to you.

Ignore all the arctic cat stuff....this would fit:

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
^ It looks like that is a 3.0" pitch track, and will not fit. Anything of the MM vintage will likely need 2.52" pitch.

To reiterate, any 15" x 141" track with 2.52" pitch drivers will fit, regardless of brand, with any lug height up to 2" tall. The problem, as you're aware, is finding one. You don't find much in that size anymore, especially with the pitch you need.

Looks like eBay had a couple hits, but they're not in pristine condition either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/836-2000-Polaris-rmk-700-track-679-9788

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SNOWMOBILE-TRACK-CHALLENGER-CAMOPLAST-679-9788-141X15X2-2-5P-USED

Reactions: whitexc

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
My bad..... you are correct. I just did a real quick search to see what was out there, not in a 2" paddle. Good call Q.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts