Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to index my flywheel and need the stock timing setting in degrees and thousandths and if someone has a flywheel off I need the O.D. too. 96 680 ultra.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
.001" of rotation equals 1 degree of timing.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatly that does not help me right now. I need the factory timing spec so I know what degree the middle line of the 5 on the wheel is supposed to be. Example, the 800 is 26° or .163

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I will be retiming it and will take care of that, but... I need the stock specs in order to set my dial gauge and mark the flywheel for indexing... So does anyone have the specs ???????????????

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]Yes I will be retiming it and will take care of that, but... I need the stock specs in order to set my dial gauge and mark the flywheel for indexing... So does anyone have the specs ???????????????

At 26 deg. you should be measureing .162" of piston travel BTDC on your dial indicator. This is per the Polaris service manual. I hope this hleps you out. If you need anything else, let me know.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by sinjin588
[br]
[br]Yes I will be retiming it and will take care of that, but... I need the stock specs in order to set my dial gauge and mark the flywheel for indexing... So does anyone have the specs ???????????????

At 26 deg. you should be measureing .162" of piston travel BTDC on your dial indicator. This is per the Polaris service manual. I hope this hleps you out. If you need anything else, let me know.
Thank you for the info. I had already gotten it by mid week this week from a local friend. Thanks for the reply.[8D]

·
Registered
251 Posts
[br]
Originally posted by sinjin588
[br]

Thank you for the info. I had already gotten it by mid week this week from a local friend. Thanks for the reply.[8D]
Not a problem at all, I appreciate your grattitude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts