Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we picked this up the other day, my dad and his buddy went in on it in partnership, custom built all the way down to the rivets.
29' Triton low boy.

taking it on a trip hopefully within the next two weeks, our plan is to be able to sleep in this thing for at least 3 nights at a time before heading off the trail head and back somewhere to shower and do it all over again.
just wanna know if any of you guys know what would be the ideal heater to keep us warm efficiently. could be propane or electric, we will have dual honda generators onboard so power isnt an issue.

right now were thinking we have a radiant heater, but i dont know if that will fill the volume up and keep it "live-able". what do racers and other guys use to heat their trailers?

20101292254734_13209.jpg 201012922517500_13209.jpg

no bad ideas, lets hear em.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Maybe not a good idea, but a reddy heater? I heat my garage with one so why not a trailer?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledcrusher said:
Maybe not a good idea, but a reddy heater? I heat my garage with one so why not a trailer?
well were not gonna have gas in the trailer or anything else thats will blow up, lol but i was thinking something small and compact that could possibly be mounted to the wall, like up in a corner or something. anything square shaped? maybe something with a fan on it? to move the heat around.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think a reddy heater would probably be over-kill. Electric would be the best way to go if power isn't an issue, then you don't have to deal with fumes and more fuel.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Get those little infrade heaters (link below) they work amazing and take hardley any power and they heat like crazy. They are spendy but They worth it I use one to heat my 3 car Garage and it will keep it around 65-70 for like 20 dollars a mounth very efficant and you do get what you pay for! Dont be stupid either rember the carbon Dioxide Factor! http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202509419&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202509419&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D27X-_-202509419&locStoreNum=1002&marketID=48

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ another thing is, it does have two vents on the roof with exhaust fans.

Exciterfan44 said:
Get those little infrade heaters (link below) they work amazing and take hardley any power and they heat like crazy. They are spendy but They worth it I use one to heat my 3 car Garage and it will keep it around 65-70 for like 20 dollars a mounth very efficant and you do get what you pay for! Dont be stupid either rember the carbon Dioxide Factor! http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202509419&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202509419&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D27X-_-202509419&locStoreNum=1002&marketID=48
that looks like a very classy unit. looks like a very strong candidate and the dimensions are in the ball park.

price really isnt a huge factor being that its gonna get used alot. my dad is one for quality.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bmxican said:
^^^ another thing is, it does have two vents on the roof with exhaust fans.

Exciterfan44 said:
that looks like a very classy unit. looks like a very strong candidate and the dimensions are in the ball park.

Probally one of the best things I ve bought and there not like every other space heater that you have to worrie about a fire or tipping over and you can touch every part on it nothing get hot on exterior!

price really isnt a huge factor being that its gonna get used alot. my dad is one for quality.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Bames said:
I think a reddy heater would probably be over-kill. Electric would be the best way to go if power isn't an issue, then you don't have to deal with fumes and more fuel.
true on the elctric, otherwise a ray glow might get the job done, ours would keep our 40X40 shop just above freezing, that small trailer it should have no problem, heck my dad used it to heat his house with it when he was single

nice trailer BTW, i am jealous, all we have is an aluminum stock trailer, sucks draggin them out

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we have one of these, at least similar to it.
201012922294893_13209.jpg

dodgetruck2 said:
Bames said:
true on the elctric, otherwise a ray glow might get the job done, ours would keep our 40X40 shop just above freezing, that small trailer it should have no problem, heck my dad used it to heat his house with it when he was single

nice trailer BTW, i am jealous, all we have is an aluminum stock trailer, sucks draggin them out
yeah i was pretty amazed when my dad first showed me what he got, it has a lot of features, like 6 different light switches, there like 30 LED lights inside, haha. i thought it was a mobile home when we went to go pick it up. ill post more pictures when we go to outfit it with all the other stuff.

good thing is, its fully insulated, underneath, walls, roof. the damn handle on the side door illuminates lol.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i am guessing this cost a little more then the 2011 29ft, i was drooling over on craigslist

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/for/2069109306.html

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodgetruck2 said:
i am guessing this cost a little more then the 2011 29ft, i was drooling over on craigslist

that looks heavier lol

i think this one is under 3k

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Bmxican said:
dodgetruck2 said:

that looks heavier lol

probably, but remember this one is also sold as a car trailer not just a sled trailer, although since its not 8 1/2 inside you would have to have a narrow car

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Look at a camper website, and get one of the wall mounted heaters, either electric or propane.

They are made to run quietly and efficiently, and with safety features so something like a wind gust won't knock it over and start something on fire.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
probably meant 30k. nice rig

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
How about 2 of those smaller electric heaters, work great and throw a ton of heat. I assume those generators are EU3000's, which those heaters could still run on eco-mode, so they will be a hell of a lot quieter too.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
he meant the axle rating, the one that i posted has 3 3500# axles, he was saying the weight on his were under 3k

if he got it for under 3k i would be next inline to buy one, or offer 5k for his

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RAMROD said:
Bmxican said:
Your dad got this trailer for under $3000?...[confused]
i was talking weight. if it was 3,000 he should have bought 8 of them lol.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you look they were talking cost...

"i am guessing this cost a little more then the 2011 29ft, i was drooling over on craigslist"

So thats where I misinterprted...Sorry for the confusion..

I miss spell check on my work computer...[Disappointed]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts