Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://burlington.craigslist.org/bar/1890179730.html

Its a 02 cat 370, and the a arms on one side are pretty screwed up. How hard to fix?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If it bent up the steering column, probably a big hit. Can't see $h*t in the pictures. I highly doubt the shock survived unharmed, probably a bend in the shaft. I Once bought a sled that had one whole side of the a-arm suspension ripped off, the chassis was tweaked in several spots. The heat exchanger in the front of the belly pan had been warped/twisted, the sled was a Fusion with a three part belly pan, all three parts had been cracked up pretty good- including the side opposite of the suspension damage.

You will have to check the bulkhead for tweaks.
How hard would it be to fix it? Depends on how much damage there is. Probably would need to take out the motor to replace the steering column. You have to go look at the sled and see for yourself

1,792 Posts
You thinking to buy it to fix and ride or fix and sell? If the first, 370's don't have the get-up-and-go to make you happy. They're a young teens, first timer, or wife's sled.

Might want to add a couple hundred extra for a safety cushion in case there's more damage he doesn't know about/isn't disclosing.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MakingTheWinterGoByFaster said:
You thinking to buy it to fix and ride or fix and sell? If the first, 370's don't have the get-up-and-go to make you happy. They're a young teens, first timer, or wife's sled.

Might want to add a couple hundred extra for a safety cushion in case there's more damage he doesn't know about/isn't disclosing.
Getting for my girlfriends mother.

The steering column was bent from hitting the drivers chest. Thought id throw that in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts