Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I have been looking at these old sleds we have out back, one of them is a 1992 ski-doo formula 470 and the other is a 95 ski-doo mxz 583 now the 470 chassie is really nice but the motor is junk, the 583 motor is very nice but the chassie is junk. So my qusetion is Can we put the 583 into the 470 ?? the mounting plates look the same, do you think its possible with having parts from both sleds..

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would think it's possible, make sure that the clutches match up. Also make sure that wiring the harnesses match up. just my .02

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
When I was younger we had one motor, clutch, and carb that we would interchange into multiple chassis. We never had brakes, we never had oil injection, it was great. When one chassis STB we spent about 50 minutes changing the motor to a chassis that it fit in. We had a early 80's 440, I think it was a Ski Doo (I may be wrong there) and it went for a good winter or two. To answer your question, there is no way to know until you try. If it doesn't fit or work (refer to my Sig) then you got a good amount of knowledge at least trying!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by 98700xcBB
[br]My buddy and I have been looking at these old sleds we have out back, one of them is a 1992 ski-doo formula 470 and the other is a 95 ski-doo mxz 583 now the 470 chassie is really nice but the motor is junk, the 583 motor is very nice but the chassie is junk. So my qusetion is Can we put the 583 into the 470 ?? the mounting plates look the same, do you think its possible with having parts from both sleds..
the motors should swap no problem. not sure if the exhaust pipe will swap without issues though. the '92 was the prs chassis and the '94 was the f chassis.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so we swaped everything, not to easy but we got er done the pipe wasnt to bad to get it in there. the AIR BOX WAS HARD HARD to get it in, the belt is shredded on one side guess the clutches are off a little..oh well this thing is gonna rip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts