Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Itook off my pipe and can and im going to sand it down and paint it silver or chrome.. or whatever.. and obviously you need some heat resistant spray paint. So any brands in mind? how much does it run for ?

·
Registered
901 Posts
duplicolor high temp paint works good

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
you should have it "baked". where you spray it with a high temp ceramic coating and then put it in an oven for a while.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Your can you'll beable to bake in the oven but unless you have a huge over your pipe wont fit. But make sure your out of the house for the day because it will SMELL. Talk to arcticcatmatt, he did his zrt pipes and they look great and the paint he put on there is supposed to be great to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I used dupilcolor 1500 degree ceramic black spray paint. I didn't bake it though and it's comming off, but most likely will redo it next year when I have the time and place to bake it. ( my mom wouldn't be too happy if I used the oven to bake the pipe)[:D]

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by 92rxl
[br] ( my mom wouldn't be too happy if I used the oven to bake the pipe)[:D]
Isnt it usually the other way around, pipe first then you are baked?

LOL [:D]

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i did mine with PJ1 vht paint. had to cure it on the sled but its still holding up ok. i found an old electric stove in the trash, so next time i paint i can do it right, plus now i can powder coat [:D]

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
duplicolor 1500 degree. i put 3 coats on my pipe. you should bake the pipe but i didnt and its not coming off yet... i let the paint dry put the pipe on my sled and went for a grass drag. throw the pipe in the oven and open the windows with fans pointing out the windows and go out side

·
Registered
713 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]
Originally posted by 92rxl
[br] ( my mom wouldn't be too happy if I used the oven to bake the pipe)[:D]
Isnt it usually the other way around, pipe first then you are baked?

LOL [:D]
Oh, my mistake.[:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts