Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some new sleds what would you guys pay for sumtin along the lines of this considering i have to drive at least 4 hours to get. Heres how the potential seller desribes them

98 mxz 440, fan does about 85, mint condition, new plastic skis, carbides, all idler wheels are good, slides are great, no tears in seat. no cracks in hood, some small chips from ice thats it, custom painted gauges, very sharp

98 formula z 583, strong motor, new track, no tears in seat, no chips or cracks in hood, slidles and idler wheels all good has the same suspension as the mxz, this is a purple sled, very sharp also, plastic skis, all stock

·
Registered
528 Posts
How many miles are on them and how much is he asking? He will not get top dollar this time of the year.

Everyones opinion of condition is different, I have looked at sleds that the seller considered to be in excellent condition and I considered to be junk.

You really have to take a good look at them and I'd suggest a compression test.

There are probably some Ski-doo owners that could give you the range for those sleds.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Canucks advice is good. A compression check is in order and depending on miles you may want to check out the drive clutch, or ask when the last time he replaced it was. The 583 is a much stronger sled than the 440, if they are close in price go with the 583

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think he wants somewhere around 2000 for the 440 so he probably wants a little more for the formula and yes i would be doing a compression tests before hand

·
Registered
8 Posts
I owned a 2001 ski-doo 500 fan, good entry level sled. or one for the wife. Skid would not hold up, and you will not get 85 out of it! The book on that sled when it was one year old was only around 2600.00 I thought it rode just like my 89 jag afs. Would not buy another, just because of the skid. Bounced all over!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the input...i am pretty sure i don't want the 440 but i am still thinking about the formula. both sleds have around 2000 miles just to let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts