Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having bog problems last season so I put new stock jets and cleaned my carbs well It seem like a rich problem last year with fouling plugs and bogging down on take off. I lowered my needle height one ring and re-adjusted pilot jets. Question is It runs much better but it was warm weather (0 degrees C) is it possible for it to become too lean with the new needle height in colder weather? even with stock jets. or would I have to go to a smaller main jet to worry about this.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What is this for a sled, Spud? Did you adjust and sync the carbs? What changes did you make to the jets (both mains and pilot)?

And, yes. Adjusting the needle clip position and messing with jets is setting yourself up for a lean burndown. Been there. Done that!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Did you change your needle n seats as well. Those may of been leaking which would allow too much fuel into your carb and thus into your cylinder. When you say you "adjusted your pilot jets" what are you talking about? There's no adjustment on any of the pilot jets I've seen. You just screw them all the way in and thats it.

If you haven't changed your needle n seats, I'd do that and put the clip on your jet needle back to its original position (3 I believe). If your sled now runs fine without fouling, your all set.....plus you won't have to worry about a lean condition when the temps plumet!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if it was in the stock position i run my needles down one clip and drop two sizes on jetting and never have troubles just check your plugs. if you get lean in the midrange you might start getting pops when you mash it coming out of a corner.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My thought would be start from factory setting and then lean it a little with the jets and clip position. You have to make sure you know where you are starting from though. The needle and seat could definately cause this problem though so check that (quick and easy) [:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts