Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year is it? I've looked at everything I can find, and nothing matches this..

http://rochester.craigslist.org/rvs/1867964482.html

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
they made them in the mid 90's beleive its a 340 fan

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, found it...

http://www.polarisman.com/site/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=98SNOINDYLITEDLX&Year=1998

What a sleeper at the drag strip!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The only difference between a Lite Deluxe and a standard Indy Lite is they put electric start on them, they were pretty much your entry level meat and potatoes 340 fan cooled sled, its competitors from the other manufacturers were the arctic cat puma, ski doo formula S 380 and the yamaha ovation, I had a 95 Indy Lite that I bought brand new, it was a great little sled that would take you where you needed to go, if my memory serves me correctly it would top out at around 65 on the speedo on plowed shoulder of the road, not a lot of suspension travel either so it was not a sled to go out bashing on or you were just gonna break it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
that one there is actually a 1995
http://www.polarisman.com/site/DisplayModel.cfm?ModelID=95SNOINDYLITEDLX&Year=1995
Can be pretty hard to ID what year the Indy Lites are, they were made from 1991 to 1998, and never changed. the early '90s were red (occassionally blue or black was available), the later ones could be had in that teal green or black (occassionally red available). For each main color scheme, the decals were changed VERY little from year to year

I have long thought about what a fun sled it could be if you hooked up some cooling for 488 Liquid transplant. It's a very light chassis

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My sled shares the same chasis as this one, I did end up finding it on www.polarisman.com like you did.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
that thing needs a 150hp triple in it

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
^Great idea but I'm pretty sure any more power than the 488 would rip that sled apart! The Lites use P-90 clutches (small diameter ones, found on Poo ATVs as well) and tiny jackshafts (13 spline). The motor mounts on these are basically sheet metal.
did some searching and they weigh in at 390-393 pounds dry

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IndyRXL said:
that thing needs a 175hp triple in it
Exactly what I was thinking.... [thumb]

All it has to do is survive 1000' at a time...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Brings back memories of my indie lite deluxe. I had a red 94 that looked pink because it was faded from the sun. Nice little sled i can remember topping out around 75 on a road once!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And I have an RXL motor sitting on the bench waiting to get torn down and rebuilt....

I know where I can get a turbo kit for it, and I can remap the EFI..

This could get scary. [dudeski]

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
And I have an RXL motor sitting on the bench waiting to get torn down and rebuilt....

I know where I can get a turbo kit for it, and I can remap the EFI..

This could get FUN. [dudeski]
Build it!!![thumb]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trust me.. If the cash was available, it would be in progress already.

Unfortunately, I think I toasted the gearbox in my convertible on the way home from work.... I drag raced a subaru, and afterward it now howls pretty bad in 2nd gear, I drove the rest of the way home skipping it.

That gets fixed first, it gets a lot more use... [thumb]

·
Registered
474 Posts
i had one when i was a kid. has electric start and some reverse. nothing special all the same. most likly end up with a dead battery and pulling it anyways, strong motor but not worth the extra $$$$ unless you get a deal on it

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
^ Hope u beat the super Subaru. lol
Heh, sure, till his turbo kicked in...

I timed a stoplight changing green just right and rolled through while he was stopped, so I got the drop on him.. But then it was his 250+hp and AWD vs my 94hp, and he walked on up to my back bumper, but too late. The 2 lanes merged into one, and he had to tuck in behind me.

There was satisfaction, till the next time I hit second gear. That never gets old though!! This is why I wanna get a KA24DE-T and drop it in there. Remap the EFI, and 250HP on a stock motor.... And being a 1980, the emissions laws say it only has to have a PCV valve and a caty converter. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts