Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://wad20.wantaddigest.com/forsale/item.asp?&adclass2=Snowmobile&headsub=2005%20VK540&category=Snowmobile Yamaha&onlineid=AHODZ98&adid=A00011

i have never seen this sled before. i couldnt beleive it is actually a 2005. it looks like it could be from the early 90's haha

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
only part of the link is available, it takes me to their homepage.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
It doesn't work. The link get's shortened on the site and you can't paste the shortened part. You have to put in a complete link for us to use.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
This?

http://wad20.wantaddigest.com/forsale/item.asp?&adclass2=Snowmobile&headsub=2005%20VK540&category=Snowmobile%A0Yamaha&onlineid=AHODZ98&adid=A00011

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It's the yahama version of the polaris wide-trak... It's a utility sled, made to be capable of towing for extended periods of time.

Since it's for utility, it doesn't need to look modern like consumer sport sleds.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
They don't see a point in improving it if it's been proven to get people from point A - B. No need to get fancy if all a person wants it for is to get them out to their cottage in the middle of nowhere and back.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
They don't see a point in improving it if it's been proven to get people from point A - B. No need to get fancy if all a person wants it for is to get them out to their cottage in the middle of nowhere and back.
Exactly, the only point of a redesign is to keep the sleds looking fresh so people will upgrade probably just to show off what they got to their friends. You got a cabin in the middle of no-mans-land and hardly anyone else will see you, why do you need a sporty ride? That would be like making a cruise ship able to go fast, its a cruise ship, there supposed to be relatively slow, thats kinda the point. Plus a redesign would make the price go up which would hurt sales, not improve them and be honest, even if this was newer looking, would you buy it? If you need this type of sled you will get it no matter what it looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts