Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos, specs and full details released on Monday!

www.maximumsled.com

Arrgh, i don't want to wait til' monday...

Looks mostly the same, allthough i'm sure there are some minor improvements.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
doesn't actually look any different except for the seat. Not sure what kind of advatange an ugly seat provides. looks like instead of redesigning the entire chassis to an REV style they just made the seat like that and said thats good enough.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i'd say drop the seat, put a regular one on, cuz otherwise it looks good, sure its got lots of lil tricks up its sleeve too......

and whoever was cryin around bout polaris needin a facelift......hope u like it

of course this is IMO

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Don't underestimate it. Just because it looks the same, doesn't mean it can't run with the rest. Not to get on anyones case but I swear that all people look for these days, go right for the looks and don't care about how it performs, or how it is made. This is a proven design. Some of these new radical ones have had some problems.

Anyways, it looks great to me. I hope we can see some good things out of it this year.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
its been one of those things where it grows on ya, its already lookin better......how bout that red button they talkin bout on the snowest forums, hold it down, pin the throttle and it limits RPM's just below engagment, let off red button and boom, ur off.....sounds cool...

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
892 Posts
Definitely would need some padding on the fuel tank for the boys.

I am sure the seat saves some pounds, maybe you can get a 2-up snap on addition ;-)

Looks are nothing when you are flying by someone.

???? Is the recoil right under the handle bars?? Is this new, I have not looked to closely at Polaris the last couple of years.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes.gif

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very refreshing look. I bet it got pretty light in the weight department. Is it just me, or does that track look narrower ???

Some poeple keep mentioning (hinting) at a Polaris A-arm mod coming in the future. I wonder if it will happen...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
@ people who can't look beyond the hood.

That's all I have to say about the looks.

This thing looks wicked, the front suspension is a lot different than last years, by the looks of things anyway, I wanna get a better look @ the rear suspension. I also want a better look of under the hood.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i was looking that the front suspension and it is the same as skidoo's adsa with the shorter top arm, so that is nothing new. can somebody tell me what the black thing behind the seat is for?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I already found whats different and most of it is pretty much the same. The seat, Walker Evans clicker shocks, about 17 pounds lighter, the red button(big difference get to in a second), and longer travel suspension, I can't tell if I am seeing things or if it is actually narrower. Now for the red button, the red button seems to be an interesting bit of engineering. It allows you to hold the throttle wide open on the line without touching the brake! ALl I can say is I want one for drag racing. As long as you hold the red button you can open her up wide open throttle sitting still. I really really want to know how this works. Only things I can come up with would break after one or two attempts. I think we may be seeing some Polarises taking holeshots this year.

·
Registered
837 Posts
it seems to be like a line lock in cars, thast holds the clutck shut, i wonder what will happen to the belts and chain case with the shock of that cluch going from to 0% engaugement to 100% in a split seccond

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
thats what I meant by I don't see how it would work without breaking stuff. I guess on a racer you often rebuild your sled after each race so it doesn't matter for that. Maybe we will see really fast polarises out of the hole and a few just sitting there cause they blew their chaincase apart. THey don't tell you about it because the patent is still pending. I can say I would surely like one for drag racing.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not to dampen your guys parade...but you will never acheive WOT without the clutch engaging. The clutch is still operated by springs and weights that control engaugement. I beleive what they are trying to say is that the red button is a Temporary REV limiter of sorts. It will hold engine RPM just below clutch engagement RPM until you let off the button. So for example say the clutch engauges at 4,500 rpm, while holding the red button no matter how far you open the throttle, the CDI ignition system wont allow the motor to rev over 4,400 rpm. So you have the throttle wide open and let off the button and you will instantly have WOT but the clutchs will still have to engauge like normal....there is no difference in this as opposed to just pinning the throttle except the engine doesnt have to spool up from idle to 4,400 rpm, its already there. I belive this is how it works, im sure i will be corrected if im wrong.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts