Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[green]I am not new to the snowmoblie world. i have 4 sleds at my moms house and a runnig total of 5 at my dads. Last year my parents bought me a z 570 which is a nice sled i then added 96 studs and 6 inches of carbides to the front. The question that i have is i just yesterday picked up the 03 z570 and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how many studs and what amount of carbide to add. i generally ride agressive trail in the central to upper michigan area.
[/green][/font=Century Gothic]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Im thinking 96 carbide studs would probably be enough for a 570 fan.I know it doesent sound like mutch but it should be adaquite.as far as carbides goes,same thing,just 4 inch or a little better will do.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
what did you think of 96 studs and 6" carbides in your other 570?if you liked it go with the same setup on the new one,if not go with more or less

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[green]Thank you all that have answered. I am pretty satisified with the setup that i am running right now other than the fact that i might be lacking a little in the turns, so i could just add a little carbide but i wanted to make sure that there would still be enough in the rear to go with the front. i have read that if one is more then the other the two kind of cancel each other out and cause more trouble then what its worth.[/green][/font=Andale Mono]

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
usually if your back end feels loose in the corners and always kicks out sidewards you either have too much carbide or not enough studs..if you come to a corner and it pushes the you dont have enough carbide or too much studs..
i think 96 studs with 6 inch carbides should work out pretty good for that sled..if you tighten you front shock springs it will put more pressure on your ski's and make it steer better and if that doesnt work id go with 6 inch dullie
carbides that should do the trick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[green]Alright thanks ken420. i would have to agree with your thought and theory sounds good. the only other question that i have for you would be-if you personally have the dual carbides and how they compare (pros and cons)of them, and wether or not they fit on a normal stock ski or if others need to be bought[/font=Andale Mono][/green]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Not to be an ass or anything but could you please type in a different color. It is very hard to read on the PolarisFiles side of the website (blue background) Thank you and enjoy your new sled.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
my 03 sks came with 2 carbides on each ski they are only 4 inch so thier a little small for the long track but they make a world of difference no more darting around the trail or falling into others carbide marks and getting stuck in the same path they went in..ive never tried the woody's doolies so cant tell you how they are but im sure there the same thing and you can get them for any ski i do believe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts