Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just found out my close buddy is picking up his brand new 06 Crossfire 700 std this evening. And we just got a nice snowfall. Cant wait to go out riding with him without having to worry about towing his piece of crap Doo home.

Thankfully he isnt that agressive a rider so ill still be able to stay out in front of him in the trails. He lives about 1 min away from me and we have a 660ft drag track less than 5 mins away. I think he'll get me in drag but ill still beat him thru the fluff and uphill.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think in a drag you will win. Your sled does have a 141" track. That will give you a big edge on take off.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went out tonight and dumb me forgot the camera. Went to a golf course and the powder was amazing. At least 5ft of soft fluff in places. Almost immediatly the Crossfire was stuck bad. So for the next 10 minutes while he was trying to get out i went in circles around him. Then i finally stopped to help him out.

Overall he loves the Crossfire but he wishes the seat had some grip to it like the M series sleds.Im chalking the stuck up to his first day on a new rider forward sled whereas ive had a full season of riding under my belt already.

Also found out tonight that my ears dont like my rumblepack on long WOT runs. After about 5 secs of WOT i noticed my sled got a lot quieter but was still picking up speed. Stopped a few minutes later and my buddy noticed i was yelling at him. My ears are still ringing a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts