Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DID IT!!!! My wife is gonna choppem off and its all you guys fault that have been bragging up the 600 Fusion. I have not owned a sled since my 1980 TXL 340 that i sold about fifteen years ago. Man that sled could fly for a 340. I went up to gaylord michigan last year with some old sledding friends and rented a mxz 600 and that was all it took. That was a great handling sled with plenty of power for me. When I got home from that trip I was gonna get a mxz in the next two or three years. Until about a week ago when I found this very informative (no sex for the rest of my life) website. I started reading about how great of an all around sled the 600 Fusion is. Everyone was saying it magazine reviews, owner reviews, you guys, other forums I have not heard much bad about it. So I started doing many hours of research and came to the conclusion that the 600 Fusion was a great value I MEAN GREAT VALUE the machine really was. I found one (brand new) at a local dealer 5800.00 out the door!! no kidding. From what I have been reading I think that is a pretty good deal I hope. It also came with the 1.25 ripsaw track. [:D] The Polaris website says 1 inch. The dealer still has 3 or 4 left at that price I don't think they will last long. Thanks a lot for all the useful information I greatly appreciate it. I HOPE NO ONE LIED[;)] HAPPY SLEDDING! First sled-1974 Polaris Colt 295. current sled-2006 Polaris Fusion 600 [Rope]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by ppolaris
[br]I DID IT!!!! My wife is gonna choppem off and its all you guys fault that have been bragging up the 600 Fusion. I have not owned a sled since my 1980 TXL 340 that i sold about fifteen years ago. Man that sled could fly for a 340. I went up to gaylord michigan last year with some old sledding friends and rented a mxz 600 and that was all it took. That was a great handling sled with plenty of power for me. When I got home from that trip I was gonna get a mxz in the next two or three years. Until about a week ago when I found this very informative (no sex for the rest of my life) website. I started reading about how great of an all around sled the 600 Fusion is. Everyone was saying it magazine reviews, owner reviews, you guys, other forums I have not heard much bad about it. So I started doing many hours of research and came to the conclusion that the 600 Fusion was a great value I MEAN GREAT VALUE the machine really was. I found one (brand new) at a local dealer 5800.00 out the door!! no kidding. From what I have been reading I think that is a pretty good deal I hope. It also came with the 1.25 ripsaw track. [:D] The Polaris website says 1 inch. The dealer still has 3 or 4 left at that price I don't think they will last long. Thanks a lot for all the useful information I greatly appreciate it. I HOPE NO ONE LIED[;)] HAPPY SLEDDING! First sled-1974 Polaris Colt 295. current sled-2006 Polaris Fusion 600 [Rope]

Im jealous.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You quoted the main topic. And you the first poster...

If I had the time and money, I'd buy fusion.

Are you going to get some picture posted soon?

·
Registered
137 Posts
`Good job and congrats on the sled. You're gonna luv it!!! I'll tell u what I tell every Fusion owner, CHANGE THE SKIS!!!
As for ur wife, she'll get over it. My wife's cousin married a guy who owns a Poo dealership, so a few years ago after riding my RXL for too long, I asked her if I could get a new sled. She said "no". I asked her again and again, every time she said "no". Finally we're visiting her mother and I say "I going to see ---- and buy a new sled", She didn't answer. I got a 01 XCSP600.
A few years later the 600 needs a new track. I call ---- and he's giving me a deal on a track and installing it for free. He orders one for me and we make an appoinment to do it. I call before leaving the house to say I'm on way over and he says "you're track isn't in, the UPS guy hasn't made it here yet. Don't worry, we'll pull one off the showroom sled if we have to". I ordered a Ripsaw, and back in '05 the only sled that came stock with that track was the 900 Fusion. So on the way over there, I'm thinking to myself, how much is that sled worth? How much is mine worth? I just quit smoking, so I do have all this extra money burning a hole in my pocket.
When I got to the dealership (21/2 h drive), I'd made my mind up to ask a few questions. My wife's cousin is in the showroom, so I ask her "what are those 900s going for?"
"12 grand I think" says she.
"what's my 600 worth?" asks I.
"Should I get my husband?" she asks.
"Your 600 and $----.00" he shouts out from the back, "Should I stop pulling your track out?"
"Depends what the low, low monthly payment are." I retort.
She shows me a really low number on a calculator. "That's half of what I was spending on cigarettes every month. I don't think I can afford not to take it".
So, every fall when the leaves turn to magnificent color and the air begins to get crisp, I have to quit smoking again, or I'm pretty sure she'll really will sell it on me.
Enjoy your new sled man, everytime I leave the house to go riding I make sure I thank my wife for letting me get away, and ask if my key is going to work in the lock when I come home. She doesn't ride, but fortunately for me she understands. I hope your wife is half as understanding as mine!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Originally posted by XLT600
[br]Just so every one understands, smokes are just under 12 bucks a pack up here. (well, over here anyways.[V]
We can get cheap smokes here for under $5.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts