Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
my buddy on here miker has an 06 sb 600 and he said he raced and beat the f6 and the z1 that the local dealer had out on lake waconia here in MN. there were witnesses to the event also..

so thats how they are holding up

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have seen quite a few of them on the trail so people are buying them, thats a good sign. I dont know anyone that has one though.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Havent heard to much great stuff besides the mountain sleds. If I were to buy one it wouldnt be an f-series it would be a crossfire and ill keep my Snopro untill they come out with something better looking!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with Achotrod, I'm a die hard Cat fan and when i seen the new line up it thought they were ass ugly... i wish they had kept at least one model in the original Firecat chassi... and with all of this new technology, why do they still make the ZR chassi... not that there is anything wrong with it... I personally think that was the best chassi that they made, but what do I know, I'm only 19 years old...

·
Registered
795 Posts
I figuered i'd wait till i saw the new cats in person the decide that yes they are ugly. Right now if i had to decide between a rev or new f-cat, i'd go with a rev. From what i've read the plastic, and the fitting of things aren't the greatest, but it handles well.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Bmxican
[br]my buddy on here miker has an 06 sb 600 and he said he raced and beat the f6 and the z1 that the local dealer had out on lake waconia here in MN. there were witnesses to the event also..

so thats how they are holding up
One race determines how they are holding up eh?

I see far more M series out here in the mountains than all other brands combined. They are defiantly doing something right with their mountain sleds to have that many people buying them over all the other choices out there.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I sell 'em. I also like the Crossfire better. The F series also has some issues that Cat is gonna have to deal with. Like The plastic snow screens pop out if you look at them funny. And the big plastic side bumpers break too easy and they are expensive. Our customers who have purchased them love them though. But we definately sell alot more Crossfires and M's. The ZR chassis was one of the most comfortable and best handling sleds ever, I am biased because I have a ZL. I love my sled. Would have been nice if they would have kept a Sabercat or Firecat type model in the line up. I think that is a general consensus, and I would not be surprised to see one return. But I'll be getting a Crossfire as soon as the missus let's me. Then my son can have my ZL and my daughter can have my sons EXT.
Originally posted by SnOcRaZy
[br]I agree with Achotrod, I'm a die hard Cat fan and when i seen the new line up it thought they were ass ugly... i wish they had kept at least one model in the original Firecat chassi... and with all of this new technology, why do they still make the ZR chassi... not that there is anything wrong with it... I personally think that was the best chassis that they made, but what do I know, I'm only 19 years old...

·
Registered
901 Posts
i didnt like them until i seen them in person and now i really like them. if i was buying a new sled it would be a crossfire or m series either 800 or 1000

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Ive heard of a few people blowing up the motors on their F1000s, but other than that they seem nice. Ive seen a few out on the trails in NE Wisconsin and I think they are butt ugly.
The adjustability of the twin spar seems nice, but to me it seems a big excessive.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have yet to see one on the trails, but I have seen alot of them still sitting in boxs at the dealers. It seems to me polaris and ski doo are selling the best this year. But we will find out how well the sales and perofrmance are doing as soon as the quarterly reports come out, and the sled magazines get some real time to test them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
when i first saw the 07 models i thought they were really ugly. but in person they are amazing. i was talking to the one guy that had one he said it handles very well, and the acceleration is incredible

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here's a little info on the f1000:
http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/F1000_shootout.asp

I love the new look of the f series. The ride is also great! I am very happy with how my 06 handles, but the new ones feel much better. The only reason I don't have one is because of the lack of funds.

I would imagine that, in this area, a lot of dealers have plenty of sleds in boxes because of the lack of snow.

In my opinion, AC has to regain some peoples trust because of the recalls from the 03-06 firecats, which wasn't a big deal to me.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The head tech at my dealer swears they ride great and corner flatter than a firecat. But the looks just kill me. Loose some weight and change the looks to more of a firecat type look and they will be on to something!!! Buy the way that tech had his choice of whatever he wanted and also got the crossfire!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Haven't ridden or seen one yet in person. But, the guy who sold me my sno pro kinda...hates...arctic cat now, and he sat on a new one, and he said it was really nice....felt solid and the the fit and finish was great, and I was surprised to hear that from him. So far I've heard from others that they are a more solid sled than the older firecats, but only time will tell I guess.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts