Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 95 XCR 600 primary clutch rebuilt b/c when riding i literally needed a push to get my rpm's up to move faster than 15mph. Had new weights and spring installed on it and put back on sled and worked great. I noticed my belt freying and thought i would put a new oem one on, and it started the same thing freying on the edge. I got a clutch aligning tool to narrow down my problem and at the back(gas tank)of the secondary the straight edge is even, but at the front towards the primary i'm out at least a 1/4". I'm positive this is why the belts are wearing and how can this be adjusted? Why would this not happen before the clutch was rebuilt? Thanx in advance,

Hal

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Sounds like the motor shifted somehow. You'll have to loosen the nuts on the motor mounts and scoot her over. Could use shims on the secondary too. 1/4" is alot to shim it though.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Jackshaft bent? Your secondary should be even from front to back unless your straight edge isn't straight.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Disregard my previous post, I misunderstood your problem.

You'll need to turn your motor counterclockwise(from rider view) to get everything straightened up. Shims won't fix this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts