Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.maximumsled.com/intros/BLADE2003/2003_venom.asp

all I can say is I hope that headlight dies a horrible horrible death.
THey are saying it will weigh less than 500 pounds and have about 115HP(conservative estimate as of yet) with an S&S 1640cc V twin aircooled engine. Electric start and electronic decompression valve. Interesting though the engine is pretty ugly. Its the open air engine sled in a while I would have to say.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hmmm HD getting back into sleds again. [ sigh ]

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it isn't a harley engine. It is a competitor of sorts that just builds engines. The engines are used on Indian motorcycles. one four wheeler magazine says they feel the VRod harley engine was designed so it could go on a four wheeler as well so who knwos may see that out of them yet :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
True, but you'll never see that motor in any other off-brand. Buell, HD yes but not in a V-star or other metric cruiser. S&S is a post production upgrade, just like Delcron. All the same to me, even though I know there are differences. And I ride sportbike and harley by the way.

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Ok, blade needs to be banned from making sleds. That thing is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

This is basically an RX-1 ripoff. grr.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with PMan's opinion about looks for once! that thing is so ugly it is scary. The open air is just crappy I mean the last open air was probably made in what liek the 70s?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Yeah, I do think that the RX-1 looks good, and I'm starting to enjoy it more, I don't hate it as much as I used to.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, now I don't feel bad about not being able to afford a blade. That thing is fugly.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
OMG, the world is coming to an end!!! We are all in agreement!!
Seriously that is the worst looking sled I have ever seen. A Mary Kay pink REV would look better than that thing!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by snochic:
If they made a Mary Kay pink REV I would be the first to have one and it would be the prettiest sled :)

[/quote]

LOL, no doubt about that.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ditto on the light

'99 XC SP 500
Fox shocks stickers- 15 hp
handlebar hooks/riser- 10 hp
red skid plate- 10 hp
red hyfax- 5 hp
running board/edge grips- 20 hp

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow that is the ugliest thing i have EVER seen. I thought there was a puking smilie, but i see it died after seeing that thing.

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
19 Posts
S&S is just a Harley clone. Anybody can copy something( its called reverse engineering). and AIR COOLED ,why would you want to go back to 1952.
115 H.P. out of 1640cc. big deal, 440 cc Sno Pro's put out 100 H.P. stock .

IT'S UG-A-LY AND SO BORING, There just looking for a quik way to jump on the 4 stroke bandwagen. Better keep engine shopping.

PS. Motor's are for your mama's sewing machine.
Engine's are for your snowmobile, motorcycle, car ect.

Quit Yer Bitchin, Your Mama 's Not Here and I Do'nt Give A Shit!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah must agree with Super Dave except a little on the horsepower. I am sure it puts out gobs of torque(I would hope or else it is a hunk of junk). Horsepower isn't everything. And also your signature well I guess you have never seen a Chevrolet 350 powered sewing machine ;) Don't put strapping a 350 to ANYTHING past me man!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Agreed here as well......pure and simple ugliness. The headlight reminds me of something they ripped off an early 80's street bike and slapped on there.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm still thinking about getting a Mary Kay pink REV. Hmmmm.....I wonder if they'll ever make one. They could have a special holder in the front for lipstick and makeup and a little mirror in the front. What do you guys think? ;)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
I am thinking you scare me.

[/quote]

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts