Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I clutched and geared my 600 XC, well I just took it out for a little spin.....DAMN!!!!!! It was like a whole new sled! For those of you on here with the polaris 600 motor(pman, confusedguy,etc)start playing with this, if you thought your sled was kick ass before...this will really convince you(like you need it:D). Anyway thought I would share in my new found glory, gonna go kick ass and take names later tonight!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
what exactly did you do?

·
Registered
133 Posts
On my 2001 I went to 10-60 primary wieghts and dropped a tooth so that I'm now at 22-39. I think I could gear more with no effect on top end. Of course I'm also properly jetted.
You could go 22-40 and still keep the same chain. It came 23-39.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey alaskin i would love to know what you did with you sled, i have the same one and would like a litte extra kick. please tell me, i need to kick some butt....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Ok, I have to look at my sled for sure though buts here is what I remember off the top of my head. I think its the almond or white? in the primary, don't remember the secondary. Droped two teeth on little sprocket, didn't really effect top end at all... justs gets there a hell of alot quicker! Two grams heavier on the weights, and a new helix(can't remember which one!) also changed engagement to 5000 rpm. I'll dig up the reciept to find out for sure!

·
Registered
777 Posts
thats probably a alm/red to have 5000 engagement, hows the track spin ,

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Almond red or Almond gold is my guess. I have an Almond Red spring in a drawer here, my clutch currently has a dark blue/white one. I also have a plain almond spring which uses a square wire, not a round one.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Those almond squares are quite nice, my buddy has one of them in his XCR 800 and boy does it rock.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after it was installed I rode it a few times in the mountains, I could tell the difference. Then I got out on the trails around the house, that's when I fully realized the new set-up. Once it hits 7 grand, hold on!! I love it and can't imagine riding stock again... hooks up great and is stonger through the hole powerband!

·
Registered
77 Posts
the almond square is a bad spring oem.it looses this tension after about 800-1000 miles or even just sitting in yor sled after a year of use just throw it away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts