Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was looking for an Electric Blue Mega Cab 6 speed manual, and I found this one. I was hoping for a 5.9L, but I think the 6.7L will be nice too. I can't wait to get back to MN and drive it. The next 102 days won't go by fast enough. [:D] Here's the details....

Elec Blue
Mega Cab
4x4
6.7L Cummins
6 speed manual
SXT
34,xxx miles
Gooseneck hitch
Brake controller
Spray in bed liner
Toolbox

2010618231237593_13391.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Nice ride! That color looks familiar for some reason haha.

It appears you found one in your home town even. First thing id do with a 6.7 is a DPF delete kit,then I think it will be just as solid as your 5.9 was. Talk about torturing yourself by having to wait 102 days to get your hands on it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
863 Posts
nice looking truck, would have looked nice if it was an f-series truck, but what can you do..
haha i'm just kidding. gotta love them 6 speed cummins.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RMK-KING said:

It appears you found one in your home town even. First thing id do with a 6.7 is a DPF delete kit,then I think it will be just as solid as your 5.9 was. Talk about torturing yourself by having to wait 102 days to get your hands on it.
Yeah my mom called the other day and said there's a blue 4 door Dodge diesel sitting on Nereson's lot. I was thinking it's the dark blue or a quad cab. I never thought it'd be an Elec Blue Mega. [:D]

I am going to sell my Smarty POD and get a Smarty S67 for the 6.7L. I'm still reading stuff on Cummins Forum. From what I read, you can delete your DPF and EGR and the Smarty will eliminate all codes. [thumb] So I might be talking to the local muffler shop if I have time when I pick it up from my parents. I already spend too much on the truck, to mods might have to wait a little while.

·
Registered
863 Posts
bigrok said:
RMK-KING said:

Yeah my mom called the other day and said there's a blue 4 door Dodge diesel sitting on Nereson's lot. I was thinking it's the dark blue or a quad cab. I never thought it'd be an Elec Blue Mega. [:D]

I am going to sell my Smarty POD and get a Smarty S67 for the 6.7L. I'm still reading stuff on Cummins Forum. From what I read, you can delete your DPF and EGR and the Smarty will eliminate all codes. [thumb] So I might be talking to the local muffler shop if I have time when I pick it up from my parents. I already spend too much on the truck, to mods might have to wait a little while.
yeah you definately need a mbrp turbo back exhaust on that!
my buddy has a 2001 3500 with the 24 valve cummins, also with the 6 speed tranny, and has a 5" mbrp turbo back, sounds mint!
nothin' beats the sound of the inline six cummins!
and i'm a ford boy!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
You have the smarty Sr POD correct? I might be interested if you sell it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Fricken sweet truck! The Cummins have Mercedes transmissions with them, correct?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^Yeah I think it's built by Mercedes. Not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Man i thought the F250 were looking at was big. Haha! Not bad, but im not a fan of dodge. For me, its chevy or ford. Cummins are a pretty kickass diesel though! 201061922152187_29056.jpg

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Nice truck always a big Cummins fan like the 12 valve but the 24's r just as good I heard that some people usually will throw a Alison transmission in those Cummins. Yours is the 24 valve right I can not remember what year they went to the 24 valve system. are u going to put a stack on it LOL I have a friend that has one on his it is a 12 valve, Even though I am a ford fan I would not mind owning a Dodge with a Cummins in it

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
Nice truck always a big Cummins fan like the 12 valve but the 24's r just as good I heard that some people usually will throw a Alison transmission in those Cummins. Yours is the 24 valve right I can not remember what year they went to the 24 valve system. are u going to put a stack on it LOL I have a friend that has one on his it is a 12 valve, Even though I am a ford fan I would not mind owning a Dodge with a Cummins in it
The 12 valve started in 89. The 24 valve started in 98.5. The common rail system (also a 24 valve) started in 03. The 6.7L started in 07.5. No I'm not putting a stack on it. It's only got a 6' box now. I don't want to use up another 6" with a stack.

·
Registered
863 Posts
bigrok said:
Mad-Boondocker said:
The 12 valve started in 89. The 24 valve started in 98.5. The common rail system (also a 24 valve) started in 03. The 6.7L started in 07.5. No I'm not putting a stack on it. It's only got a 6' box now. I don't want to use up another 6" with a stack.
you need to get that thing jacked and stacked![thumb]
but i see what your saying, not to practical if your going to be actually "using" the truck

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My future plans down the road is to put a leveling kit on it with 33" or 35" tires. Other than that, it's staying mostly stock looks-wise. Performance is another story. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Nice truck Bigrok! Those mega cabs have an insane amount of room inside them. I'm not a big fan of Dodge either, but that is nice. I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm in the DL area.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
brian126 said:
Nice truck Bigrok! Those mega cabs have an insane amount of room inside them. I'm not a big fan of Dodge either, but that is nice. I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm in the DL area.
It won't be around DL for a while. I'll be home the end of Sept for a week to pick it up from my parents, then it's off to Lousiana until Feb at the earliest (that's when my wife is scheduled to deploy). Then it will be in DL.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I'm down to 100 days now!

teamarctic14 said:
i have the saying "dodge makes it cummins shakes it"
I want to get the saying "Spark plugs are like tampons, every pu$$y needs them." But then I was thinking about my future sleds and ATV's. That wouldn't work so good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts