Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the look of the new f-series cats? Personally i think they are ugly and wont be buying one until they change the look. How long do you think they will keep that styling? I bet it wont last 2 years!!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I dont like them, then again I didnt like the look of the rev when it first came out.... funny how things grow on you. The headlight area looks kinda funny, it looks like a really bulky sled in the pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I hated the rev. I hated the new firecat look.. I hated the phazers..

now i love them all.. Give it time. next year when they get out there and all the kinks out and blah blah blah.. and the sleds are part of the market.. they will grow on you..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I agree with ArcticInc. The sleds look a lot different in real life also. I looked at a "Ugly" phazer in the magazine and boy when I tried a new one out in person it was a completely different feeling and I loved it. They make them look differn't in the the screens not in real life. I mean I'm sure they all are "nice" its just we have been changing so rapidly but thats just my opinion. The new F series will all look great in a while. But the Crossfires look graet right now in my opionion.
Sled_Crew

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I couln't look at the green/black one at the dealer a few weeks ago as I was kinda hungover and was almost throwing up everytime I did. But I do like the red/black and silver/black ones. The color plays a huge role in how a sled looks IMHO. I don't like the yellow Doo's, but the ones that have real colors look nice.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive seen them all in all colors in person alot sat on them and studied them for long periods at my dealer! Maybe its just me but they look huge bulky and i cant stand the head lights they look like they cost about 2 dollars to make compared with last years firecats. Not sure how they ride as i have not had a chance to ride one yet. But i will soon! Must say the fit and finish is nicer. and like that they put knee/shin pads on the gas tank. Saves your legs alot of abuse!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I guarantee the ride is MUCH better.... the twin spar chassis is fantastic!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I love them, now..... When I first saw them in a magazine I thought they where ugly but now, as said earlier I love them. The adjustable handlebars are wicked, and the rider positioning/stance is awesome IMO. ;)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I don't think they'll last that long to tell you the truth, because too many people want to spend they're hard earned cash on something that atleast looks good and wont give them a chance. Why do sleds these days look so bulky? the new f cats have like no windsheild and are rediculacely tall. All I can say is they look way better in person but there is no way I'd fork out 10 large on one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm open to new stylings but that new look has got to go!

[attachment=50924]

This is much better!!!

[attachment=50925]

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think that the firecats look great last year....but now i wouldn't even think of buying one....one of my friends even buy and his parents own a arcticcat dealer....

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I think they look better in person as well as the Phazer but I will take functionality over looks any time.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I think they look pretty darn good. They have a muscular look to them. Havent ridden one yet but they feel comfortable and the adjustability will make most people happy no matter how big/small they are. And for the record they arent Firecats. They are F-Series sleds.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What does the F stand for then?? I thought it was short for firecat just like the F5, F6, F7.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True it does not say fircat anywhere i have read, just figured they were?

·
Registered
586 Posts
i think they're ugly. i thought the revs were ugly, but i love em now. thought the iq racer was ugly but love it now. thought the phazer was ugly but its grown on me. dont like the looks but i sat on one and i can see how it would be sick to ride. feels really comfortable...just ugly

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'm sure Cat would sell amillion units if they offered that as an option!! [:D]
[attachment=50928]

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm not crazy about the nose on the new F series, but I would still buy one (in a couple years) if they ride as nice as it feels just sitting on them. From what I hear, they do.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts