Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this machine a few months ago. It's in mint shape. Not even a scratch. An elderly man owned it before, so it only has 8000km on it. Got it for $2500. Are there any issues I should be aware of? Anything to look out for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thats a good machine you got. Reliable good on fuel and handles pretty damn good for a 98. i would check out all the stuff like wear & tear belt gas & oil lines and you wont have any surprizes out on the trail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm enjoying it so far. What is considered good mileage for a machine like this? I've got about 90 miles on it in the last week or so, and I've burnt a tank and a half.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this a tripple or the twin cause my 700 is exellent on gas but i think that the 2 cyl were a lil harder on gas. To a full tank i was able to get 150 km per tank trail riding and the odd lake race

·
Registered
11 Posts
apridham said:
I just bought this machine a few months ago. It's in mint shape. Not even a scratch. An elderly man owned it before, so it only has 8000km on it. Got it for $2500. Are there any issues I should be aware of? Anything to look out for?
Read my reply to "First sled, any tips or suggestions?" just above your question. The same will apply to your sled, except I beleve yours may be the tripple 600. I had almost the same sled but mine was the 700 Viper. Both are great sleads. The only issue I ever had was due to the new gas and oil ratios you may need to pull your power valves once a year and clean them. Its very simple. two allan screws and I use carb cleaner and a popsicle stick. Do not use any thing hard to scrape off the carbon.
Have a great sled year. sounds like you got a great deal.

Patrick Greenlaw
Lebanon, Maine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pgreenlaw said:
apridham said:
Read my reply to "First sled, any tips or suggestions?" just above your question. The same will apply to your sled, except I beleve yours may be the tripple 600. I had almost the same sled but mine was the 700 Viper. Both are great sleads. The only issue I ever had was due to the new gas and oil ratios you may need to pull your power valves once a year and clean them. Its very simple. two allan screws and I use carb cleaner and a popsicle stick. Do not use any thing hard to scrape off the carbon.
Have a great sled year. sounds like you got a great deal.

Patrick Greenlaw
Lebanon, Maine
Thanks. Mine is a twin. I am loving it so far. Fast, powerful, and a lot of fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts