Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,334 Posts
decals look great now ya just need to powdercoat your front end and get some different hand guards

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.... I tell you its pretty time consuming work, trying to line up the new stickers. Working out the creases and bubbles can drive you half insane... haha

· Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
It is definitely more unique than the stock graphics were. It would have looked better with a black hood though, IMO. [^]

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quinlan said:
It is definitely more unique than the stock graphics were. It would have looked better with a black hood though, IMO. [^]
lol. Your gone... I loved your sled so i ordered the same kit.

· Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
I'm not just saying that because mine has a black hood. I feel that being the primary color in the graphics is black, it makes the orange in the hood look blotchy.

To be honest, I didn't like mine right away. Took a few weeks for it to set in. Now I don't mind it. Even so, I contemplate redoing it every summer.

Black a-arms and spindles would really help tie it together. I went down that road this summer. Really tied my sled together better in my eyes.

Black hood and bumper would have been my route with that sled. Even a black hood alone. But, as long as YOU like what you do to your own sled...that is all that matters!

Vehicle Snowmobile Motorsport Motor vehicle Racing

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quinlan said:
I'm not just saying that because mine has a black hood. I feel that being the primary color in the graphics is black, it makes the orange in the hood look blotchy.

To be honest, I didn't like mine right away. Took a few weeks for it to set in. Now I don't mind it. Even so, I contemplate redoing it every summer.

Black a-arms and spindles would really help tie it together. I went down that road this summer. Really tied my sled together better in my eyes.

Black hood and bumper would have been my route with that sled. Even a black hood alone. But, as long as YOU like what you do to your own sled...that is all that matters!

Vehicle Snowmobile Motorsport Motor vehicle Racing
Your right black does look very nice. I like the orange hood also and thats the way it'll stay for a while considering the cost of the kit. Thanks for the input.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Looks pretty badass grblackwood. I ACTUALLY called ArcticFX last month wondering about the same kit. I asked them if they could do away with the Cat heads on that kit and they said yes...Im just looking for some straight urban camo. I also asked them if they could subtract the intake beak sticker from the kit and they said "Yeah we'll knockoff 25 bucks for doing that"...since I have the sweet artwork on my intake beak from TrickPaint. Im still contemplating on whether or not I should get it. I hate to spend around 200 bucks only to f*** up while installing it, and getting pissed then just giving up..hahaha!

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will_5 said:
Looks pretty badass grblackwood. I ACTUALLY called ArcticFX last month wondering about the same kit. I asked them if they could do away with the Cat heads on that kit and they said yes...Im just looking for some straight urban camo. I also asked them if they could subtract the intake beak sticker from the kit and they said "Yeah we'll knockoff 25 bucks for doing that"...since I have the sweet artwork on my intake beak from TrickPaint. Im still contemplating on whether or not I should get it. I hate to spend around 200 bucks only to f*** up while installing it, and getting pissed then just giving up..hahaha!
For $10 you should get the install kit. Lets you put the decals on wet, place them where you want, and squeegy out the water. It's not that bad, i can't imagine puting them on dry... what a nightmare......lol

· Super Moderator
11,870 Posts
The install kit is a good value. If not the kit, at least get the application fluid and a small squeegee. I've done decals with the soapy water technique...the actual application fluid is MUCH better, IMO.

Also, I recommend applying the decals while NOT drinking...lol. I had a few drinks and decided to decal the beak at about 1:30AM. I thought it looked nice when I was done. Checked it out the next morning and found a number of small bubbles in it. Oops. You can only see them if you look close, but being the perfectionist I can be, it still bothers me.

I, too, was a bit afraid of screwing up a $200+ decal set...especially since I had to cut the side decals to fit my smaller SnoPro hood. It turned out alright though. The key is LOTS of time and patience!

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to trim alot of the edges of the stickers aswell. All you need is a new razor blade and straight edge to use as a guide. Like Quinlan said though, you can't be in a rush. Also I don't see how getting on the beer first will help in any way...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.