Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking foreward to hanging out here. My name is Sofaking, but I also go by Rich. I live in the Western mountains of Maine in a small town named Rangeley. The lakes region that surrounds us is a snowmobiling destination for the entire north east. Its awsome!

I haven't ridden or owned a sled since 1989 and what a difference those years have made for the advancement of snowmobile design. When I rode a sled for the first time since '89, in early December, I was blown away by how they apply power, handle, and perform overall! Those of you who rode back then know exactly what I mean. My first sled in 1977 was a '69 Ski-Doo Olympic. I was 9 years old and I loved it then as much as I do today. Plus, I smell better when I get off the sled now then I did on that Olympic. LOL!!

I'm in the process of deciding on a new seat for my '02 Pro-X. I'm considering a Boss Highrise Shorty and the Polaris Race Shorty. I know how the Polaris looks and fits, but does anyone have, or can anyone get a picture of the Boss and post it for me. It dosen't matter the sled manufacturer, only the seat and what it looks like on a chassis.

Thanks for looking at my post everyone, and I look foreward to hanging out with y'all. -Sofa

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Welcome to SF man. How much snow did you get from the storm that hit or is hitting right now?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by extremesummerfilms
[br]Welcome to SF man. How much snow did you get from the storm that hit or is hitting right now?
Another Mainer......YEAH!!! Its snowing as I type here in Rangeley and there is at least 3-6 inches on the ground. How much have you gotten?, I wish it were 3-6 feet, but we can't be so lucky. [:D]

I'll be riding later for sure. Some buddies of mine and myself are getting together around 10am to sort out where we are going for an overnight trip. Mebbe somewhere in Quebec south of Quebec City.

Thanks for the welcome extremesummerfilms. PM me whenever. -Sofa

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the site SofaKing, Massachusetts fanatic here, "don't hold it against me" lol... You will enjoy this site thoroughly and get all the info you could ever need for snowmobiling..

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hey i live in van buren maine. way up north. and it looks like we got some of your storm to. just got about 5 inches overnight and its looking like te trails wont be to to bad this weekend. you come up here alot? welcome to the form

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 1998xcr700
[br]Welcome to the site SofaKing, Massachusetts fanatic here, "don't hold it against me" lol... You will enjoy this site thoroughly and get all the info you could ever need for snowmobiling..
Thanks. I don't hold anything against you for being from Mass(LOL). My brother lives down there in Manchester. I like going to his place and then going into the city. There is lots to do and lots of people........ I'll tell ya, sometimes (read: most of the time) I can't wait to get home.

I'm glad I found this site and will be on all the time.

L8tr. -Sofa [:D]

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Welcome aboard Rich! Enjoy the site and hope to see you up there sometime. Check out the snow condition forums and the New England Snow Check for 07. Your observations would be greatly appreciated. Last week Offshore 24 and I went up to Skowhegan and Newport and rode West and North. The trails were pretty good for the most part but needed about 6 inches more. So hopefully with the snow you just got it should shape up pretty good.

·
Registered
855 Posts
welcome to the site plenty of helpful info....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome, i'm from minnesota. it's great to have another member to shoot the stuff with. I have a shorty on my edge x feel free to take a look. Maybe it will help you decide which you'd like. Later

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You live in Rangely? The infamous home of Area 51! The forbidden outpost of outlaw sledders. Just kidding, it's a running joke over at another site. Welcome to the site. I'm from the flatlands of Cumberland County myself. Hope to see ya around.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the internet, here's a topic about one of those seats

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34080

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!! I think that you will like it here :)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Yeah.. We got about 5-6". Can't ride my MXZ though, I bent both the tensioners, so I'm riding my MX-LT 470.

Next snowstorm you should come on down to the Denmark/Fryeburg region. We have some nice trails here, and some nice lakes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by tynan19
[br]Welcome aboard Rich! Enjoy the site and hope to see you up there sometime. Check out the snow condition forums and the New England Snow Check for 07. Your observations would be greatly appreciated. Last week Offshore 24 and I went up to Skowhegan and Newport and rode West and North. The trails were pretty good for the most part but needed about 6 inches more. So hopefully with the snow you just got it should shape up pretty good.
We just got 6 inches in Rangeley - Town. Outside of town up in the elevation there's about 7-10in. I haven't been able to ride because I'm recovering from surgery [B)], but people I talk to say the trails are getting there. Getting there means "really good just not quite perfect". The riding is right here, right now. I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can get out there though.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
hey, my dad just got back from a ride in rangeley today with my brother, they did about 90 miles plus had to trailer about 3.5 hours total.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts