Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I stumbled upon your website on accident and after reading some of the topics I decided to join.
After being away from snowmobiling for about 13-14 years I decided to get back into it this year and picked up a really clean 1988 Polaris Indy Trail. I can't believe how much sleds have changed over the years...I stopped in at my wife's friend's shop in west bend (wi)to look at some new models, HOLY EXPENSIVE! And what happened to the names of sleds now? Polaris used to be Indy 500, now it's the FST IQ, 600 HO IQ CFI....and Arctic Cat used to be Cheetah, Panther, El Tigre...A lot has changed, it's gonna take me a while to get up to speed on the latest stuff.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and if there's anyone in the West Bend, WI area looking for someone to hit the trails with: I'm new to the area (moved here from Milwaukee) give me a shout.
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Welcome to the site. Great people here with a tonne of knowledge. Dont be afraid to ask a question no matter how silly it may seem. Have fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
welcome, and enjoy.... the guys on here are sp helpfull....hit us up with anything you got...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome to the greatest site on the net! Tons of information with great people, you'll really enjoy it. See you on the forums.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Welcome Back!!! Took you long enough to get back into sleds! J.k.!!! Glad to have here and hope we can all help you with whatever your sled needs are!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by UsayGO
[br] picked up a really clean 1988 Polaris Indy Trail....

....it's gonna take me a while to get up to speed on the latest stuff.
Don't worry, you'll catch up eventually.

Back in '88 that was a pretty quick sled; these days that's entry level for power.... but certainly not for fun. Light, nimble, easy to get unstuck and tons of fun to through around.

Pack a sandwich if your doing lake runs with the 1000 CC breeds of high speed sleds like the Mach Z.

Welcome back to the sport.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey Jason, glad you're here, welcome.

I grew up in Campbellsport, I have a ton of relation in West Bend (I was up there yesterday in fact). I would love to ride around that area again, I haven't in a loong time. So when there's good snow up there, give me a holler and I'll drive up there. My mom and sister still live in Campbellsport, so I can crash there, and there's nice trails all around there too. Just need the snow.

John

P.S. "Occupation - Printing" Work at Serigraph by any chance?? Just curious, I worked there for two years.

·
Registered
764 Posts
hey welcome, you will enjoy the site, tons of knowledge about sleds on here

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Ranger_Danger
[br]Hey Jason, glad you're here, welcome.

I grew up in Campbellsport, I have a ton of relation in West Bend (I was up there yesterday in fact). I would love to ride around that area again, I haven't in a loong time. So when there's good snow up there, give me a holler and I'll drive up there. My mom and sister still live in Campbellsport, so I can crash there, and there's nice trails all around there too. Just need the snow.

John

P.S. "Occupation - Printing" Work at Serigraph by any chance?? Just curious, I worked there for two years.
Once the we get some good snow and the trails are open I'll hit you up, thanks. I actually work for Quad Graphics in Sussex. The 3 days on 4 off schedule works out great for getting some trail time in this winter.
500FasEnuff...Pack a sandwich if your doing lake runs with the 1000 CC breeds of high speed sleds like the Mach Z
I'm new, not stupid! lol The new sleds are just incredible!! I will be packing a sandwich and watching from the sidelines....if i can see the blur!
Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll. I belong to a hotrod forum site and all that goes on there is bickering and smack-talking, it's nice to find a place that everyone is so friendly (so far[;)])

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good to see people coming back into the sport. Snowmobiling needs all of the support it can get. And welcome to the site, there are so many great people on this site you are really going to like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts