Snowmobile Fanatics banner

New handelbar fix update.

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  v-maxsledder 
#1 ·
Well I finally got my part in today... for those of you who were following my " 2" RSR riser " thread know that I had installed one on my '05 XC 700 and was pleased with it.... however.. the lift on the bar made a big gap under the factory handlebar pad which I disliked.

So I was going to fabricate something to cover the gap but I stumbled on to a fix from a 2000 RMK 600. The Gen2 bodies had the same steering post angle as the edge and they both use the same handlebar pad. The rise of the rmk bars is higher from the factory so polaris made a handy little 3 inch spacer that fits into the handlebar cover and goes down to the collar.

So here's a few pics of before and after..... I think it looks great and is a great mod for anyone wanting a bit or rise and wants to retain the stock handlebar cover.

BEFORE

[attachment=50421][attachment=46132]

AFTER

[attachment=50422][attachment=50423]
[attachment=50424][attachment=50426]
[attachment=50427]

I think it looks pretty much factory.... hopes this helps anyone else who had this problem. The only thing I had to do is cut the 4 tabs that are on the collar that are meant to lock it to the Gen2 console and then it fit right in![:D]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks Good!!! I love your sled!!!

#5 ·
Looks good now what if I have a '00 RMK 700 and have the same riser gap issue any ideas? Another ? about the one you installed how, w/o the tabs does it not rattle around? [NeedSnow]

#6 ·
Originally posted by BigJohnson
[br]Looks good now what if I have a '00 RMK 700 and have the same riser gap issue any ideas?
Since you have a Gen II, you should be able to just to to the Polaris dealer, buy the part, and put it on with no problems. My dad and brother both ride Gen II's and did this when they added their 2" risers.

#7 ·
Originally posted by BigJohnson
[br]Looks good now what if I have a '00 RMK 700 and have the same riser gap issue any ideas? Another ? about the one you installed how, w/o the tabs does it not rattle around? [NeedSnow]
No it doest rattle around at all.... it's a perfect fit between the cover and the stock bezel... as you see in the before picture the top of my bezel is rounded because its meant for the handlebar cover to cup over top of it.. since this new piece IS the bezel for the Gen2 body.. it needs the tabs to stay put on that sled, my bezel on the other hand is staying on the sled and I'm using the Gen2 bezel as a spacer. So I removed the tabs on the new collar so it too could cup over the bezel like the handlebar cover did.. and the fit was so perfect that it's like is was meant to be there. So I guess what I'm saying is the two different bezels are being used in conjunction with each other to fix the problem.

I was going to remove my factory bezel and use a switchback bezel instead but the switchbacks steering post is more at a forward angle like the pro-x, not like the slightly tipped back Xc so it wouldn't work. That's why I thought this was a nifty fix.[:D]

#9 ·
it does look like it was ment to be. very clean look, i for one am all about a clean look. not a fan of seeing all the cables and wires

#11 ·
I was wondering when someone would come up with an idea to fill that ugly space. I just put a 2 inch riser on my edge and have the same thing going on. Always hated other peoples edges when that gap was there. Now I'll have to find that part on ebay.

#13 ·
Originally posted by SnowKingSpecial
[br]and thats just a 2" rise total?
Yeah that's a 2 inch RSR riser block from royal distributing.

Originally posted by polarispimpman500
[br]it does look like it was ment to be. very clean look, i for one am all about a clean look. not a fan of seeing all the cables and wires
Yes I am also a fan of the clean look that's why I toiled over this for the last month finding a nice clean finish.

Originally posted by 04polaris500
[br]Looks great, I was planning on putting a riser on mine but sine I can't afford new handelbars and stuff I would have to stick with the stock look so I now know what I am going to do.
Glad I could help.[:D]

Originally posted by XCRacer440
[br]I was wondering when someone would come up with an idea to fill that ugly space. I just put a 2 inch riser on my edge and have the same thing going on. Always hated other peoples edges when that gap was there. Now I'll have to find that part on ebay.
The part was only 30 bucks canadian for the new part at the dealer so it's not too bad.. I was reading in my old post on what you said and I was going to PM you with the fix I came up with but I knew you would be around.[:D]

#14 ·
sweet. love the sled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.